Boston Crusaders invited to Presidential Inaugural Parade

For those of us who can't watch it on video yet, what tunes did the corps use in the parade?

Mike

Mike, this was a piece cleverly entitled "Parade Tune"!! :) BAC show arranger Ryan George did the honors, and drew upon tidbits from "Yankee Doodle" (reminiscent of BAC in the 60's), "March of the Grenadiers" and "Battle Hymn", with a bit of vintage drum corps goodness thrown in at the end.

I am very proud of the corps members, staff and management...this was accomplished over the course of basically half a weekend camp. Also kudos to the guard, who, believe it or not, learned the book via youtube video! Nice way to represent, Boston.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 5

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that I heard Boston borrow a little of 27th Lancers '79/'80 ending to Danny Boy. :worthy:/>

Listen to 1980 at about the 12:25 mark, and see what you think.

<EDIT> Beat me to it, Ghost. *Shakes tiny fist*

Edited by Jocko the Wonder Llama
  • Like 1

From Boston Crusaders website..... music played in front of Presidential Reviewing Stand :

http://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders#!/photo.php?v=701305286750&set=vb.146636528713632&type=2&theater

Edited by BRASSO

is it just me or did they cut off boston pretty early and start looking at the LGBA that followed them?--- like it was 40 seconds of Boston and we've been watching the LGBA for 2 minutes

My first corps director was in the color guard for that group. Way to go, Dave!

DVR'ed the parade (too bad CSPAN isn't hidef here) and Boston got some good "face time" Plus the arrangement was different from 80-90% of the other groups playing Sousa (National Emblem 3 times?) or one Patriotic song being played. Too bad you couldn't hear the entire arrangement as what could be heard was interesting. Would be fun to compare with Bocooks "Patriotic Medley" which Cadets and my corps have done.

Have to give a shout out to the first HI HS (about 3rd group in the parade) doing "Men Of Harlech". Kick for me as my corps is doing that too and have a early 1950s recording of a corps doing it.

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that I heard Boston borrow a little of 27th Lancers '79/'80 ending to Danny Boy. :worthy:/>/>

Listen to 1980 at about the 12:25 mark, and see what you think.

<EDIT> Beat me to it, Ghost. *Shakes tiny fist*

Sounded like a bit of a Jim Wedge arrangement in there with a bit of Bridgemen "Civil War Medley" as an intro, but to be fair, all the music in the arrangement is in he public domain, which would include the "Danny Boy" ending which is actually from Holst's first Military Band Suite. .

27th and BAC--one of the great rivalries of drum corps yesterday and what a love/hate relationship these two corps once shared. As someone who loved 27th and still miss them, and believes BAC can do no wrong--it worked for me.

Great Job Boston Crusaders. I just watched a 9 PM local news show and they had the Boston College Screaming Eagles and the "Jim Dandies" from Maine as representing New England. Now I love BC and their strong Jesuit tradition of excellence and the band has improved over the years, and I am sure the Jim Dandies may be very talented unicyclists, but they are not BAC. The 11:00 broadcasts better include BAC when they show New England groups in the Inaugural Parade.

Boston Crusaders did not get airtime on WCVB, Channel 5's 11:00 news, but at least they got recognition and were referred to as "The Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps," not band.