Big Announcement from DCI coming Friday

What could be very cool is to expand the DCI brand to actually being international... creating regional events in Asia and Europe.

Could be some great value in Drum Corps Asia being DCI - Asia and Drum Corps Europe being DCI - Europe.

That would be pretty cool. Then after the championships in each country, the winners all meet in one place to compete for a "world title" or something like that.

But I'll just keep dreaming... Non-profits would have a hard time raising enough money, especially if the same corps wins most years... *cough cough*

What could be very cool is to expand the DCI brand to actually being international... creating regional events in Asia and Europe.

Could be some great value in Drum Corps Asia being DCI - Asia and Drum Corps Europe being DCI - Europe.

This would actually be a great reason for me to vacation outside of the US.

I say finals should be at the colosseum in Rome. And tigers get to eat the 12th place corps.

Forced attrition.

GH should like that. (I keed, I keed)

:ph34r:/>

Boo is onto something because the latest "change" photo from DCI last night does include Thai money as well as South Korean...

There is no Canadian money in that picture of coins....

Too bad - extending part of the tour back into Canada would have been so cool and something to really look forward to.

Edited by LincolnV

Breaking news!!! I just found out that the friday announcement was, Manti Te'o the great Notre Dame Linebacker, has been named the President of the new DCI G7 alliance effective 1-21-2013. His recently deceased wife, is now a full member of the Drum Corps Hall of Fame (Shame) for her outstanding influence on the great Manti Te'o. This was one of the agreement between DCI and Mr Te'o because the G7 alliance really needed his leadership abilities. This moves dci future in the right direction!!

• Like 3

Breaking news!!! I just found out that the friday announcement was, Manti Te'o the great Notre Dame Linebacker, has been named the President of the new DCI G7 alliance effective 1-21-2013. His recently deceased wife, is now a full member of the Drum Corps Hall of Fame

'Must have been a very small wedding.

( and even smaller funeral. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

"Big announcement"? Haven't we been there, done that with these "big annoucements" before? Forgive me if I don't get excited with anticipation.

• Like 2

Breaking news!!! I just found out that the friday announcement was, Manti Te'o the great Notre Dame Linebacker, has been named the President of the new DCI G7 alliance effective 1-21-2013.

Whatever the outcome of the 4pm announcement today, we shouldn't forget that an imaginary person is still dead.

• Like 4

Whatever the outcome of the 4pm announcement today, we shouldn't forget that an imaginary person is still dead.

And a very big dude is very PO'ed at some people....

Real sad part is his grandmother passed away at about the same time so he got hit with a double whammy.