Rumblings from CADETLAND

As far as I know they are the only World Class corps this season that has given such large access to the general public.

Agree. DCI Drum Corps goes into sleep mode that lasts for 44 weeks out of the 52 weeks of the year.During this time, Corps become paranoid that playing (for example )simple practice chords and showing it to the public via video will result in unspeakable calamnities that will grip members into instant paralysis if such playing is criticised by someone, somewhere. It really is sort of silly, really. An activity that is crying out for exposure, goes into such secret hibernation for 90% of the year that it would make even rural bears jealous.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Agree. DCI Drum Corps goes into sleep mode that lasts for 44 weeks out of the 52 weeks of the year.During this time, Corps become paranoid that playing (for example )simple practice chords and showing it to the public via video will result in unspeakable calamnities that will grip members into instant paralysis if such playing is criticised by someone, somewhere. It really is sort of silly, really. An activity that is crying out for exposure, goes into such secret hibernation for 90% of the year that it would make even rural bears jealous.

points well made. But I thought "Secret Society" was another corps's show design or should we apply it to the whole activity, ha, ha?

Edited by normy diploome

Amen - well said Brasso!!

Now this may go in the record book for me defending Hopkins for perhaps a first time - but excuse me, DCP is not the Congressional Record of drum corps.

On the Cadets' web page and on their Fb page, there was certainly notice about this for more than a few days. Seek and ye shall find.

Usually what Hopkins and team place on DCP involves money, administration jobs, ticket selling, and auditions. The rest seem to be re-posts from his web and FB.

As far as I know they are the only World Class corps this season that has given such large access to the general public. Others, like Madison, Crown, etc. have restricted it to their donors/alums/ or FB users.

For instance:

Many corps had camp this past weekend: Cavies, Regiment, Madison, etc. NONE have posted on DCP. Get over it.

agreed

I guess we might say the Cadets are "smarter than the average bear"... :tongue:/>

img-yogiBottom.png

• Like 3

DCI-the cicadas of the music world. :tongue::devil:

someone posted on another thread today, but he should have put it here. It's good though...I can hear this on the busses for sure...

"Already hearing some of my friends from other corps referring to the Cadets' 2013 show as: HOPKINS GOES TO THE BARBER or others as BARBER SHOP and the 16 prop towers he mentions in the livestream as BARBER POLES, ha, ha, ha :smile:/>/>/>"

Just saw this posted on Cadets FB page this afternoon and it's for tonight: a webinar about their show: http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=22046&news_iv_ctrl=1002

And before the whining begins, I too agree it is a very late notice.

Just saw this posted on Cadets FB page this afternoon and it's for tonight: a webinar about their show: http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=22046&news_iv_ctrl=1002

And before the whining begins, I too agree it is a very late notice.

page=NewsArticle&id=22046&news_iv_ctrl=1002[/url]

The webinar is intended only for donors to their M&G club as an incentive to get more fundraising in.

I received an email about it earlier in the week.