Mesa, Arizona

Instead of massive amounts of in-house time spent on the crazy thing called scores, they contracted the company that does WGI's tabulation this year. This replaces a MS Access local client and XML upload process started 10 years ago with a web based solution. Sure to be kinks, but the cats and pigeons go faster thru the interwebs tubes.

I would expect in a couple years' time you will see judges recording to video, or at least audio and scoring to their phones or similar. Just two years ago, Dropbox and audio recorders were a big change. Luckily they found a partner to push that rock up the hill. They will get it right. It is first show night for everyone. :)

Recaps are fixed now. We'll see how it goes.

Recaps are fixed now. We'll see how it goes.

Looks like everyones scores are up from their 2012 scores. Good job everyone. Have a great day.

I wasn't a huge fan of the new Crown uni at first, but wow! They look great on the field! It's a good change to see some color this year rather than just cream.

• Like 2

Thanks to Whiskey as well. Very cool to get all the pictures and commentary.

Scoring:

Both Crown and BK scored higher than last year's first shows. It's hard to say if it's because the scoring this year was higher or last year was lower or if it's just a reflection of them being better prepared.

Crown did compete a few days earlier last year (6/16).

As is normal, time will tell. I love the beginning of the season because there are still so many questions and few answers.

There you go again!

Well u know me.... Honk Honk