Stanford Showdown

Bad sound has nothing to do with internet feed or bandwidth or any computer issue. They just have the gain on the recording mic set way, way too high. Notice, the picture looks great, and the audio sounds good at soft dynamic levels.

Edited by Tez

Watching the webcast and from what I'm hearing, PC has a BIG sound.

There was no point to that trumpet solo in the slow part of PC's ballad. Nobody even knew to clap

There was no point to that trumpet solo in the slow part of PC's ballad. Nobody even knew to clap

Maybe they should have mic'd it. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

PC: A bit of a faux ending. Not sure what happens from this high level view.

To whoever might be arguing about the value of a corps if they aren't finding success in competition (and therefore making success in competition valuable):

Matt Harloff once told us about when Crown was first starting to gain momentum. It was always pushing goals. When they made Finals, it was huge because they had worked so hard. Now years down the road, here's Crown with a third of DCP thinking it'll win the whole thing for the last four years.

And it's funny because the best part of Crown isn't the winning or all that jazz. The best part is building bonds with people all across the country (and world) that you'd NEVER meet otherwise, and then coming together to fight for a product that might just change an audience member's life.

So yeah, I guess the "working hard and being rewarded in competition" thing is cool. But ask me and I'd never be able to tell you a single score - I don't remember any of them. I could, however, tell you what it feels like to stand in 30 different stadiums and look around, finding myself surrounded by my best friends in the world and waiting together to make thousands of audience member's hearts jump.

• Like 8

GO BLUE KNIGHTS GET CIRCULAR BABY!!