Stanford Showdown

Uh, can anyone tell me what TIME the show starts?

DCI wants to keep it a secret for some reason.

:blink:/>/>/>

7PM Pacific / 10PM Eastern

(All times are PACIFIC)

6:45 - National Anthem

7:00 - Vanguard Cadets

7:15 - BDB

7:30 - BDC

INTERMISSION

8:15 - Mandarins

8:32 - Pacific Crest

8:49 - Blue Knights

9:06 - Carolina Crown

9:23 - SCV

9:40 - BD

Edited by loopin' froot loops
  • Like 2

D.P.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

A couple of observations from off the radar screen, as the sun moves west and over the Stanford Stadium toward the pacific:

- BD will gain traction with their complete show....whenever that is....probably not tonight, but before they head east. There is somewhat of a track record of this happening. Normally they have enough show to hold off SCV (recent years) and (with a few exceptions) most visiting corps. This obviously went sideways yesterday....but I'm fairly certain the BD staff expected the challenge from Ft Mill. BD being out BD'd in design….whodathunk!

- Last night CC won GE by a relatively large margin....this means that the judges understand and "like" the design. Understanding that BD has more show to show,I expect this margin to narrow and remain narrow.

- It's going to be a toss up on Viz all the way to Indy.....both will perform the #### out of their shows......reasonably early in the tour. BD are legendary cleaners, but because CC has the show on the field already....again a toss up.

- Guard......I just don't see anyone beating BD.....they own it. I could be surprised, but they have another strong vehicle for the guard and one on one.....they are just another level.

- Brass.......Don't know. Haven't heard Cadets yet, but these two musical books (BD & CC) are insane on many levels....so I'm thinking it is yet another food fight for Ott. Perhaps the announcer will get it right this time.

- Percussion.......I'm very comfortable saying that BD will remain dominant through finals over CC.......But chances are that "Mr. Rennickulous" will get his first Sanford as a Vanguardian. That being said, BD's book is off the charts hard, and beautifully designed into the Rite (Igor would dig it).

Traffic control says I'm clear to land. Another late night!

Edited by Plan9

So sort of random, but any chance someone will be heading back to San Jose after the show? I'm an east coaster in town for business (and able to sneak away for the evening) and was able to get a ride there but not really sure how to get back without a $40 cab ride.

Also, I'm excited to see my first early-season BD ever!

Anyone know what the practice schedule is for tomorrow and/or Monday? Catching CC today, would love to watch some of the other corps before they take off outta town :)

SCV`s daily schedule is always on their website www.scvanguard.org

They're good about posting it.

Is anyone going to be at the show? Or just me? My phone is pretty much dead. So I'll give a good review of the snow from a somewhat biased crown fan :p

Hope for another great show on all parts!

Is anyone watching the webcast? Is it up yet?

Is anyone watching the webcast? Is it up yet?

Or am I too early? :doh:/>/>

Edit: Arrrrgggghhhh! I work with a software group in Utah, so I'm used to adding 2 hours to Mountain Time to get Eastern. Did so out of habit this time, but it's really Pacific. Duh!

Edited by CrownBariDad