Stanford Showdown

Darn, I just saw a run through of BD at Buchanan High School that was sent to me and It reminds me of why I hate drum corps in CA. Their show is such a mess right now. I am not saying it is bad, just needs work like all the shows do this time of year. I hate getting only live shows in CA in June. I am going to Stanford tonight, but 30.00 bucks (for pretty good seats, 50.00 for perfect) for incomplete shows just reminds me of how we get ripped off here on the west coast!!!

• Like 2

Darn, I just saw a run through of BD at Buchanan High School that was sent to me and It reminds me of why I hate drum corps in CA. Their show is such a mess right now. I am not saying it is bad, just needs work like all the shows do this time of year. I hate getting only live shows in CA in June. I am going to Stanford tonight, but 30.00 bucks (for pretty good seats, 50.00 for perfect) for incomplete shows just reminds me of how we get ripped off here on the west coast!!!

Most of the shows are complete right now. As of last night, the Open Class corps didn't have full shows, Blue Knights and BD didn't. Everyone else did. :thumbup:

Most of the shows are complete right now. As of last night, the Open Class corps didn't have full shows, Blue Knights and BD didn't. Everyone else did. :thumbup:/>

Thanks for the info. I will make the best of it plus I get to see a bunch of old Freelancers friends!

If BD beats Crown tonight with the product they have right now then Crown has no shot this year.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. I will make the best of it plus I get to see a bunch of old Freelancers friends!

I'm excited for the show. I expect to be blown away again by most of the corps.

If BD beats Crown tonight with the product they have right now then Crown has no shot this year.

I think it's way to early to say they (Crown) have no shot, but I do think that's BD's program is stronger than a lot of people may think right now.

• Like 1

I saw the video of BD's full show from the link posted this morning in another thread (at least it seemed long enough to be the full show). As others have mentioned, they always put an initial show out there through this first weekend, then make their first round of major tweaks in their week "off". Crown might top them again tonight, but Denver will be more of a true telling of how the duel will go down this year.. Looking forward to tonight's webcast!

Edited by loopin' froot loops

1371928585[/url]' post='3271151']

If BD can win the next 3 shows they will go all the way but ifCrown can hold them off then BD will not win this year. Then there is the dangerous Cadets who always make a huge push in August.

• Like 1

Much to early to draw that conclusion. While last night's victory was a huge boost as far as momentum is concerned for Crown, the scores were too close to have it be considered a decisive victory for Crown or a major defeat for Blue Devils. What it does show is that early chatter prior to the season was either wrong or misinterpreted, and I'll put myself in the guilty as charged category. I read everything that came from Cadets either via mail or Facebook and believed they were bracing us for a slow start though not a slow finish, and put them lower this season at least as far as the beginning is concerned. I think I misinterpreted what I read. I also believed what I heard about Blue Knights which seems to be somewhat incorrect and where I did not hear all the hype from Crown that I heard last year at this time, I expected they would be good put perhaps not as strong as 2011 and 2012.

I'd like to bring up a nice example from 2011:

FIRST SHOW

1) Crown 74.65

2) Cavies 74.30

3) BD 74.05

4) Cadets 71.05

FINALS

1) Cadets 98.35

2) BD 97.80

3) Cavies 96.85

4) Crown 95.30

Between the first and the last show, the top four completely reversed. Just goes to show how much things can change over the course of a season. It truly is too soon to know what will happen.

• Like 3