Muncie Martini Bar

WOW!! What a difference a week makes. Cavies look and sound much more confident than at Akron. Good performance so far.

Yep--the flag tosses were a quite a bit off from at Akron. I think they nailed every one.

Edited by CrownBariDad
  • Like 1

WOW!! What a difference a week makes. Cavies look and sound much more confident than at Akron. Good performance so far.

Definitely agree. Not nearly as dirty as last weekend.

Did the cavies not have their electronics? Or did they eliminate the "seeeeeeecreeeet soooociety" thing?

VERY solid run by the Cavies. Much more to do but they really sold it tonight. Crowd really enjoyed it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Here's what I think about each show tonight:

Troopers: I was expecting great things from Troopers this year, and they certainly did not disappoint. Clearly,

there's still plenty of cleaning to do, but they are impressing me just like they did in 2009.

Colts: I was late getting started because I was working, so I had to skip Colts. I wanted to be able to post this before scores were announced since I'm making predictions at the end, so I'll update with my feelings about Colts after I watch the show. I'll watch it after scores.

Blue Stars: I haven't loved or been impressed by Blue Stars this much since 2011. I know most people didn't like ReBourne, but it's my favorite Blue Stars show of all time. I remember seeing it at the first ever DCI Tour Premiere event and was blown away! This looks to be another stellar year for them. I can't wait to see where they take it!

Spirit of Atlanta: This was my second read on this show and, while I loved the first read on it in the theatres, this second time around, I loved it more! Such a great show. Truly Spirit in every single way. Definitely still needs some cleaning, but definitely worthy of placing above The Cavaliers.

Crossmen: I have always loved Crossmen, and REALLY wanted them to be back in Top 12 this year (even wanted them in Top 12 in 2008!), so I was hoping they'd come out with a show this year that would keep them in the Top 12 again. There's some stiff competition in that area with Blue Stars and Troopers, but I think Crossmen will pull it out in the end. If not, here's hoping for a tie for 12th at Semi's so we can have Crossmen AND Blue Stars in Finals!

Madison Scouts: This was, by far, the best show of the night! Madison has truly come to play this year! They have fire in their eyes and are gunning for the Top 6! If they can keep it up and don't peak early like the last few years, they WILL get back in the Top 6 again for the first time since 2005 (1999 before that)! This show is so incredibly emotional and it's being performed amazingly well. That drumline is smoking this year too! I'm just blown away by this show! Get it, Men of Madison!!!

The Cavaliers: When I saw this show at the tour premiere, I felt the Cavaliers were still in trouble. They came up in scores since, but I still think they're in trouble this year. I really don't think last year is going to be like 1997 and this year like 1998 at all. On first read, this show just felt like a jumbled mess that was dirty as sin ... and that's bad considering the Cavaliers used to be the pinnacle of visual performance. PLus, it seemed like they couldn't even play together throughout the show. On second read from a performance basically a week later, I don't see them getting any better. They're still not playing together. They're a hot mess visually. They just don't look or sound that great. I know there's a lot of tour left still, but I honestly don't see them placing any higher than 10th this year when all is said and done unless they work their ###es off more than anyone else does. And this is a sad thing, because I used to love The Cavaliers. Their older shows are still some of my favorites -- 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008? When can we have The cavaliers like that again? Also, they're using John Mackey and "Enterprising Young Men." This is something that I should love at face value because I love anything John Mackey and love the new STAR TREK soundtracks. But, I don't even like their arrangements. I heard "Enterprising Young Men" done better at SCBDA 5A Finals in 2010 by the James F. Byrnes High School Band. Just saying. There's a lot wrong with this show that I don't think can be fixed in time.

Now, here are my predictions:

Madison Scouts

Spirit of Atlanta

---------------------Within probably

The Cavaliers

Crossmen

Blue Stars

Troopers

---------------------one point

Colts

• Like 2

"What's yours? Mine's 17" (wvu80)

53 mbps...

Showoff. :tongue:/>

+++

OK, it's not your internet speed. Did Cavies' show play any better for you? Mine was fine.

Cavaliers have improved dramatically in one week! Way to go Green Machine.

• Like 1