Crown's 2013 show "E=mc2"

I like this very much. thumbup.gif

I'm not kidding! If you haven't seen it live you will never understand what I mean by that. I remember feeling my pant legs be pushed back by the sound back in the day. This was the first time in 20 years (or more) i have felt that same air pressure.

Did you mean 'son' as a figure of speech or is 'Garfield's kid' really your kid? :smile:/>

Where do you think I got the name? Yes, I am his son. Proud of it, too.

• Like 1

Where do you think I got the name? Yes, I am his son. Proud of it, too.

That's a good thing! You are not the only one who doesn't get this show. I just try to cringe and bear it through all the recorded counting crap because in the few moments when the hornline is let loose it is something to behold. They might just win because the DCI judges seem to like this off the wall crap - Just look at the last two BD victories.

• Like 7

But when you literally add narration to a show, it isn't so far-fetched for people to try to figure out the overall narrative...

I mean, listen, if you want a generic theme that no one is going to try to analyze in any way, do what PR did -- "Triumphant Journey." No digging deep there.

"E=mc^2" is much, much more specific. It doesn't bother me that it doesn't seem to add up to much at this point in the season, but come finals, I'm going to start to wonder. I won't enjoy the show any less, but I will wonder if it failed at conveying something it was trying to convey.

That's a good thing! You are not the only one who doesn't get this show. I just try to cringe and bear it through all the recorded counting crap because in the few moments when the hornline is let loose it is something to behold. They might just win because the DCI judges seem to like this off the wall crap - Just look at the last two BD victories.

644.jpg

• Like 3

I can say that I sadly won't be seeing Crown live this year... but I did see a video of the show. With all honesty... I like the show, but it doesn't give me a huge "wow" feeling. Do I think they can actually win this year? Actually, yes... yes I do...

I will admit that I am not a huge Crown fan, but I wouldn't mind if they won with this show.

Good luck to Crown! :thumbup:

Fun fact, it's not recorded. It's the corps counting. At least it was when I saw them live in rehearsal and shows

• Like 2