Delightful Dekalb

I'm relatively new to Dci. Is Crowns percussion usually their anchor?

Before we declare that things have changed, don't judges score this differently than regular DCI shows?

I don't know if it's scored differently, I thought they just added up all the TOC show scores at the end of the season and declared a TOC Champion (separate from whoever wins on Finals night).

Great job Cadets!! While I think Crown probably had a bit of an off night and should be a little higher, I'm glad they're above devils. After seeing them live in Warrensburg it just makes sense.

I'm relatively new to Dci. Is Crowns percussion usually their anchor?

Honestly, no. Their hornline has been setting the activity on fire for the past few years and IMO, the drumline has been a weakness for them. They've gotten a lot of credit just being in the top 6 and Im not sure if tonight's score is indicative of where they have been or where they are going.

Before we declare that things have changed, don't judges score this differently than regular DCI shows?

nope - same sheets, same folks

• Like 1

If memory serves, no. Their brass is generally recognized as their anchor.

I'm thinking copyright-strike is using the term "anchor" as holding back. I think I saw someone post something similar on another thread.

• Like 1

Unless you are referring to ANCHOR as what is weighing them down and holding them back...??

• Like 1

It's great to see the Cadets closer to where I think they belong (I'd have them firmly in 2nd as of now, with Crown no. 1 -- overall standings that is, BD at 3, SCV at 4).

Having said that, I am not sure what to make of the judging at these TOC shows. These judges have the Cavaliers only .75 off of Bluecoats, yet when they met in Minn. with all the corps BLOOO beat them by almost 3 points. This is nothing against the Cavaliers, but it suggests that either these corps are performing at very inconsistent levels (which I find odd at this point in the season) or that the judging criteria might be different for TOC vs. DCI.

As for the Cadets, they are, in many ways, the cleaner corps over both BD and Crown. Not sure if that is good or bad, but with a show that has lots of room for growth I don't think it hurts. However, I still see Crown as the overall better show and corps, but I see Cadets a close 2nd come Finals...UNLESS we see some magic from SCV. To me that is the DARKHORSE show. If they don't clean then I like it Crown and Cadets. I always think BD is fabulous, but this doesn't feel like a top 2 show, and maybe not top 3.

I do know that the Bluecoats put in a lot of changes for 3 days prior to Minnesota, so their performance levels might be off and on by the day, but I just do not see the Cavaliers anywhere in the ball park with Bloo. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1