Houston, TX

Their score was only .2 over their last score in Wichita. Their show is light years ahead of the Cavaliers. Show design...it isn't even a contest. And their appearance order tonight definitely affected them. Say what you want about order of appearance...it means everything.

If order of appearance is everything like you say, than how come Crown tied for first 5 days ago in Dekalb, and they performed third out of seven corps that evening? BD went on first at the same show, and was .55 behind Crown and Cadets. Why didn't order of appearance affect them?

• Like 2

yup - then probably Bluecoats as well in that top five group... ?

I would agree with that :)

Looks like their guard score is killing them in its own caption plus Visual Analysis.

I'm not sure if this may factor in at all to the visual analysis score, but I'll say it again... there is a complete lack of uniformity in the Bluecoats' guard, largely because of the "uniforms." I understand the purpose for the street clothes look, but they could have at least done a better job selecting from the same color palette (see Boston's guard). It looks awfully messy on the field.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if this may factor in at all to the visual analysis score, but I'll say it again... there is a complete lack of uniformity in the Bluecoats' guard, largely because of the "uniforms." I understand the purpose for the street clothes look, but they could have at least done a better job selecting from the same color palette (see Boston's guard). It looks awfully messy on the field.

The palette ranged from subdued to bright. My eye followed 2 guard in red while watching FN. Changing the palette may be a simple change. The balloons should be same color for uniformity imo

That type of guard uniform worked ok for The Cadets in '94-'95, and I believe some other corps too.

I call sour grapes on everything you post...

I understand being a honk for your favorite, but everytime I read your posts it seems your putting down other corps for the sake of making Madison look better.

While I enjoy Madison's show this year it is not "light years" ahead of Cavies.

AMEN!

Seems to me that (some, not all) Scouts fans need to be more humble and remember that just four years ago they were a 15th place corps. And now, overnight they think that they have birth rights to place higher than a celebrated corps like the cavaliers.

• Like 1

Placements were pretty much as expected, so I'm not as concerned about scores tonight. Personally, if they don't do the 3 corps group performance draw for finals, I don't think they should do it for any other regions either. Kinda strange that the Scouts this year are the perfect example of why I feel that way, but they are. Let's say a corps moves from 9th at finals the previous year to 7th at Minneapolis (which the Scouts did)...based upon draw, they could potentially end up performing in the 9th place slot at the next regional (San Antonio). Totally robs a corps of any benefit from their achievement. Doesn't seem right to do that for regionals. Let each regional determin the next regional's EXACT performance order.

• Like 2