Yep! Hops gone too far this time, he should be banned from DCI and told to go his own way. He could go start his own circuit with no shows south of the Mason Dixon line. He could call it somthing like ?...G7..or something like that.

Edited by pbeau
  • Like 1

Yep! Hops gone too far this time, he should be banned from DCI and told to go his own way. He could go start his own circuit with no shows south of the Mason Dixon line. He could call it somthing like ?...G7..or something like that.

Why people make mistakes. The corps has been the best in the mid east. for a long time. Love the the $600K RV i saw at CYO. He must be doing something right.

Why people make mistakes. The corps has been the best in the mid east. for a long time. Love the the $600K RV i saw at CYO. He must be doing something right.

So true, say what you will but Hop knows how to run a non-profit and everything that goes along with it.

• Like 2

In my inbox this afternoon:

Greetings ..

Just a thank you for your recent generosity to the Cadets.

As you know, we are in Louisiana today, rehearsing at Cajun Stadium, and we are appearing in Ocean Springs tomorrow.

We are thrilled to be here … I chose the tour, and I am well aware of our connection to many in the South.

I am sorry about the uproar from the newspaper article.

My FB post, that led to all, was a bit of a desperate cry for housing assistance. We had two locations without the fields we needed to work, and we were running out of time. I love the South!!!! One of the most fabulous relationships if my life was with a woman from the South and who knows, I may retire here one day.

My concern was the housing and the fields … not the people.

With that said, I appreciate you and your kindness and i hope you get out to one of the shows coming up.

All the best

Hop

George J Hopkins

CEO- Youth Education in the Arts

• Like 4

In my inbox this afternoon:

Greetings ..

Just a thank you for your recent generosity to the Cadets.

As you know, we are in Louisiana today, rehearsing at Cajun Stadium, and we are appearing in Ocean Springs tomorrow.

We are thrilled to be here … I chose the tour, and I am well aware of our connection to many in the South.

I am sorry about the uproar from the newspaper article.

My FB post, that led to all, was a bit of a desperate cry for housing assistance. We had two locations without the fields we needed to work, and we were running out of time. I love the South!!!! One of the most fabulous relationships if my life was with a woman from the South and who knows, I may retire here one day.

My concern was the housing and the fields … not the people.

With that said, I appreciate you and your kindness and i hope you get out to one of the shows coming up.

All the best

Hop

George J Hopkins

CEO- Youth Education in the Arts

So, he's apologized to his corps and to his donors, but hasn't apologized to the people he insulted.

Do I have that right?

Just checking.

• Like 6

So, he should take out a full page ad in USA Today? Anyone insulted by that post just either needs to get a life or get something real to be offended by. As a life long southerner it doesn't bother me a bit.

• Like 7

So, he's apologized to his corps and to his donors, but hasn't apologized to the people he insulted.

Do I have that right?

Just checking.

Nope. You do not have that right.

• Like 3