Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

Didn't a Cavalier drop his horn or slip or do something to get out of the moving block at the beginning of the second song in '99? I remember seeing the block move, and I believe he dropped his horn, judging by the way he was kneeling on the ground. Anyone remember this?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ULTIMATE!!! and I mean ULTIMATE Drum Corps Screw up was the Mandarins (I think 2001) at Precsision West. This young lady from the guard stopped at the end of a song and her bare chest was showing because her top came down. This Woman had some guts because she just held it there like it never happend and as soon as they were supposed to move she pulled it up.

The next Rifle toss She NAILED IT! I was proud of her not to get ruffled over that!

YES! this was an amazing thing to see ;)

Dean

The ULTIMATE!!! and I mean ULTIMATE  Drum Corps Screw up was the  Mandarins (I think 2001) at Precsision West.  This young lady from the guard stopped at the end of a song and her bare chest was showing because her top came down.  This Woman had some guts because she just held it there like it never happend and as soon as they were supposed to move she pulled it up.

The next Rifle toss She NAILED IT!  I was proud of her not to get ruffled over that!

YES! this was an amazing thing to see ;)

Dean

Uh, which? The bare chest or the fact that she carried on? :)

i want pics of this :P

This one I heard from my teacher who was at '89 finals. During some part in SCV's show a tenor player drops his mallet while he is playing, the judge then proceeds to pick it up and hand it back to him. Also during one crab stepping part the snares are bumping into eachother all over the place. And they still won drums that year. Not knocking them cause I love the show.

This one I heard from my teacher who was at '89 finals. During some part in SCV's show a tenor player drops his mallet while he is playing, the judge then proceeds to pick it up and hand it back to him. Also during one crab stepping part the snares are bumping into eachother all over the place. And they still won drums that year. Not knocking them cause I love the show.

I remember those...the snare accordion was in "Masquerade" during a fast section right before the slow restating of the theme. The tenor drop was in the perc break in "Track Down This Muderer." A judge did not return the mallet unless it was off camera. Right after the dude lost his grip, he pulled a spare from the stick bag.

You MIGHT be remembering a snare drop from the perc feature in 88 Sky Ryders, where a judge DID return the stick, on camera, right before a visual ripple...you can even see the drummer move his his in acknoeledgement and thanks. Dispite the drop, that's actually a pretty cool moment...and the entire show (Sound of Music) was a lot of fun!

Oh come on "The One" tick to end all ticks is the 89 BD Allegre (I think) soloist rightly names by all of my corps buddies, ReRun. To nail your solo ALL year then get to finals and suck face is just too much. Every time I hear that solo, I still feel the air just leave Arrowhead Stadium. That was just sad. :o

We called him Thelonius...that was a sad, sad day for drum corps. <**>

The ULTIMATE!!! and I mean ULTIMATE Drum Corps Screw up was the Mandarins (I think 2001) at Precsision West. This young lady from the guard stopped at the end of a song and her bare chest was showing because her top came down. This Woman had some guts because she just held it there like it never happend and as soon as they were supposed to move she pulled it up.

The next Rifle toss She NAILED IT! I was proud of her not to get ruffled over that!

That's not a screw-up...that's an embarressing moment. I have no idea why that girl didn't duck behind the pit. I guess no shame, no game. ^OO^

The ULTIMATE!!! and I mean ULTIMATE  Drum Corps Screw up was the  Mandarins (I think 2001) at Precsision West.  This young lady from the guard stopped at the end of a song and her bare chest was showing because her top came down.  This Woman had some guts because she just held it there like it never happend and as soon as they were supposed to move she pulled it up.

The next Rifle toss She NAILED IT!  I was proud of her not to get ruffled over that!

That's not a screw-up...that's an embarressing moment. I have no idea why that girl didn't duck behind the pit. I guess no shame, no game. ^OO^

More like taking one for the corps...and, of course, the GE score!!

About "the" frack, all I'd ever heard was the version on the Finals video - it wasn't until last year that I heard the semis performance and what it was *supposed* to sound like. Quite honestly, I'm used to the solo as is, and it really doesn't bother me to hear. (Of course, after 14 years of hearing it the one way...)

SCV '89, the tenor had the misfortune of being right in the focus of the camera when it happened. Didn't seem like that big a deal, but maybe it's just me.

2002 Magic tenor... ouch. Poor guy. The DCI VHS caught it from high cam. Bits seem to go flying.

And the "drop" of the Cavie guy in Fight Club - well, I heard about it live from Greg Gilman when it happened (he was giving us messages via AIM that night), but I don't think they caught it on the video?

Mike