Why Such Vitriol on DCP?

However, the humore and satire was much better on RAMD.

Case in point:

Dyke Pines Trailer Park AND Howdy's Christian neighborhood Puppet Shows in the back of a Horse Trailer

And some resident of the Big Easy posting about Hurricane Katrina....

Under the heading of "Getting Ready For A Good #### ###".

Well gave me a near heart attack when THAT popped up on the screen at work. :shutup: Had my excuse for the Network security team ready in case they caught it and decided to "visit".

I am most definitely not a troll. I'm just a drum corps fan who found this forum and try to use it to learn more about this activity that I love. The fact that some people have responded by questioning the OP (me) rather than discussing the topic should not have surprised me.

1. I have a life - a very fulfilling one.

2. As I stated, I have participated in several other forums that are just as, if not more, competitive and passionate than drum corps (SEC Football, anyone?).

3. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive and expect people to respect other people's opinions. I love a great discussion, and I have learned a lot from this forum, but here is a sample of what I read this afternoon in just a few minutes: (This is NOT meant to pick on any individuals - I am simply reporting what has already been posted to the universe (and I'm not correcting typos). Please do NOT take offense if I've chosen your comment - you are the one who wrote it. I'm just explaining what makes ME feel that unkind comments are to be expected here.)

- Christ,this is an exercise in the inane and arcane

- you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

-"Hmm, what non-issue can I ##### about today?"

- Seriously...NOREALLY SERIOULY? There is all this GREAT stuff going on and your take away from 2013 drum corps is "SCV is disrespecting the F&*^ing French Flag".

- And the results are in! The wining post of the dumbest thing on DCP goes too………………..

- Give me a break..... . Get over it

- Man what a STUPID thread!.

I'm done. :smile:/>/>

• Like 2

I belong to a few message boards & DCP is by far the most respectful. I rarely notice DCP folks going after someone.

People take marching band very seriously.

*Insert obligatory elitist comment from drum corps veteran trying to hopelessly attack commenter for calling drum corps "marching band" here*

I kid tongue.gif

Or do I..?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I am most definitely not a troll. I'm just a drum corps fan who found this forum and try to use it to learn more about this activity that I love. The fact that some people have responded by questioning the OP (me) rather than discussing the topic should not have surprised me.

2. As I stated, I have participated in several other forums that are just as, if not more, competitive and passionate than drum corps (SEC Football, anyone?).

3. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive and expect people to respect other people's opinions. I love a great discussion, and I have learned a lot from this forum, but here is a sample of what I read this afternoon in just a few minutes: (This is NOT meant to pick on any individuals - I am simply reporting what has already been posted to the universe (and I'm not correcting typos). Please do NOT take offense if I've chosen your comment - you are the one who wrote it. I'm just explaining what makes ME feel that unkind comments are to be expected here.)

- Seriously...NOREALLY SERIOULY? There is all this GREAT stuff going on and your take away from 2013 drum corps is "SCV is disrespecting the F&*^ing French Flag".

- And the results are in! The wining post of the dumbest thing on DCP goes too………………..

I'm done. smile.gif/>/>

i do believe several of these comments are more sarcasm than mean

I'm done. :smile:/>/>/>

If I were to take five minutes and cherry-pick the worst comments I could find from an average SEC football forum and post them here I would get banned. If that's the worst stuff you can find I think we're all gonna be okay.

i do believe several of these comments are more sarcasm than mean

Apparently, Jeff, you missed the memo. As of Jan 1, 2013 the following behavior is considered mean, insulting, and offensive within any conversation within any public exchange and they should all be avoided as to not hurt anyone's feelings: Opinion, Sarcasm, and Facts. Along with any word which can be taken out of context to be twisted into a definition of the readers own choosing. It is a brave new world out there, so don't offend!!!!

You must have missed this quote; and it is by far worse than anything you posted here:

- Nana Nana Boo Boo!

The commentary on this board can be brutal. But if you think DCP is bad...go to ESPN, and check out Section 140. The commentary there can sometimes be sick and sadistic. Go there when there is a big college football rivalry game...Or when the Yankees and Red Sox play. Sheesh.

Or go to Youtube. There is basically no moderation there. Some of the commentary there is just plain evil.

I'm done. :smile:/>/>/>

So to prove your point you cherry pick a handful of comments from what is most likely a troll thread from a forum with thousands of threads and hundreds of thousands of posts, and post them out of context? And then you finish it up with the classic "quitting DCP 4evar" (there are at least a couple dozen of these per day).

I'm sure I could do likewise for whatever SEC forum it is you frequent (it's certainly not the one I'm a part of). DCP is a pretty nice place.