Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

Not just tonight: all season long! The majority of BD fans (and especially alumni) are obviously pulling for the home team but also quick to point out how outstanding Crown is. VERY classy, and IMO BD alumni have represented their corps and themselves very well throughout this insanely competitive season

We had a pair of BD parents stop us on the street as we were walking to White Castle with our son after the show, and they were very complimentary. I thought that was very classy of them!

• Like 2

I'll predict that Crown will get perfect 20s in Music GE, Brass, and Music Analysis. Possibly in Guard as well. But, even so, BD will narrow the gap.

I think Jeff Prosperie is an unfavorable position for Saturday night. If crown ticks as bad as tonight...Will he have the stones to score them properly

• Like 1

I'm predicting Crown's percussion score to be a 18.9 tomorrow with BD getting a 19.9. But due to spreads in all other captions, I still think Crown will win tomorrow.

1 10 and 10 9.9's with a corps to go...and that joke percussion score. BD had little chance unless they were perfect

I DO feel bad for the BD MM's. Its over. Crown will be declared DCI Champion Saturday nite. Since DCI went to the 2 Prelims format in 1984 ( 29 years ago ), no Corps that has won the Semi's by over half a point has ever failed to win the Title outright the following nite. I do think that that the lacklustre audience reaction from coast to coast ultimately did catch up to the BD's members here at the end of the season. Crown was invigorated at Championships by the crowds in Indy and it showed tonite. BD came out flat in the all important Semi's compared to Crown tonite, and that was all she wrote.

Uh, Jinx! lookaround.gif

Don't Jinx 'em Brasso! I'm sure they need all the skill AND mojo they can get to maintain, regardless of history. tongue.gif

You know, every little bit counts. satisfied.gif

• Like 1

There hasn't been 30 years of corps with .5 leads in semifinals. I think the much more rational explanation is that the corps that wins semifinals by .5 or better is usually better than all the other corps (and has probably been winning almost all the shows they have been performing in the previous two weeks). How often does the corps that wins by .5 or better in semis place second in Quarterfinals? Lets look at that group of corps and see if your theory holds true (I imagine there would be very few corps in that group).

I just don't understand what motive the judges would have for letting the semifinals judges decide the championship. What purpose would that serve? Correlation does not equal causation. Just because two things usually happen at the same time does not mean that one causes the other. Often, a third thing (like the fact that the corps that wins semis is often the best corps in semis and finals) causes both things to occur.

Not to mention that many judges, especially those judging at the highest of levels (like DCI WC Finals) are, for lack of a better word, stubborn. They're used to holding their own in critique against big-time instructors, they're used to defending their numbers via their tapes, and they're generally not wishy-washy, "OK guys: tell me who to rank where" types. I know a several judges who love to talk about the ins/outs of judging, love to discuss how they come to a certain conclusion, and have no problems saying, "you disagree with me? Why do I care about that: I'm the one who was right at that moment in time."

While I have not come close to judging in WGI or DCI, I am myself an adjudicator who is just as stubborn as the rest of em. All the judges I know well are exactly like me in that regard, and I ca't imagine the adjudicators at DCI World Class Finals are any different.

Reading this thread has been more entertaining than several of the shows this season. :doh:

• Like 1

Just a general observation I have off crown fans here and in the stands. I'm glad I left before the scores were read so I didn't have to listen to the gloating. Some need to grow up

I'll bite on the trolldom

I'm definitely not a "Crown fan." Win or lose, any given year, I don't really care. Sometimes I like 'em, sometimes I don't.

But I will argue against the same inane nonsense opponents of Crown spew as I do when other folks spew similar garbage against Blue Devils. There's plenty of fighting-with-ding dongs to go around, anti-Crown or anti-BD :tongue:/>

Besides, as much as trolls on DCP will continue to troll regardless of who wins or loses, it's just as fun to troll back. You can continue to be a dino and whine about show designs, but at the end of the day that stuff you don't like still won. You can pizz and moan all you want, but it doesn't matter.

And seeing a troll tell others to "grow up" is funny (and I'm serious about that, not being facetious or sarcastic). BD, Crown, Cadets, SCV: any of those four win tomorrow night and I'm happy + will feel it'll be 100% deserved. And when trolls come out to complain about whatever nonsense, I'll happily refute

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 2

How did Crown beat BD? How is that even possible? I can't believe it! I actually asked Boo in the chat session, if there was some sort of tabulation error. I can't comprehend it.

If they had a stick drop in the snare line, then surely their percussion score dropped. If that is the case, how could they have possibly made up that many points in the other captions? And how could they have gone up on BD by .625? How? It makes no sense.

I really want to see the caption from tonight, to see how this could have happened. It is a giant mystery, practically impossible.

We've really entered the twilight zone here, folks.

Please don't hurt yourself.