Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

Are they holding back the scores today for some reason? I checked the live blog, and didn't find anything posted about it.

Are they holding back the scores today for some reason? I checked the live blog, and didn't find anything posted about it.

Yesterday they announced scores for entire performance blocks. But even if that were the case today, we should at least have scores through OC.

Internet broadcasting is not that tricky anymore at the production end. I have watched many other live streams with more viewers than DCI has and they have not had the issues I have seen with Drum Corps broadcasts. Now they can not control the end users connection or equipment but those of us with rock solid high speed connections and high-end systems should have a reasonable expectation of a smooth broadcast.

I just wish more Dinos would join me in re-discovering DCI in a different way. These shows work REALLY WELL through digital media. You don't miss a thing and there's more than ever to enjoy these days. The amount of talent on display is staggering. [...]

No, it's not what we did. . . it's much better !

Watching the shows on video is nowhere near as good as watching them live. I was in Massillon Tuesday and the cinema two days later. Not only is the sound not as good (at home or in the theatre--in the latter, among other things, the bass was pumped up as for an action movie), but the audience response is negligible--and the response of the audience is a big part of the show. The theatre last night had a good-sized crowd, but that means a couple hundred, not the several thousands on hand Tuesday (I wonder if there were even that many in Indy yesterday?) and even relative to their size, applause in the theatre was sporadic at best.