2014 Predictions!

This is just speculation from the little info I have. It is based purely on show themes that seem most intriguing to me.

1. Blue Devils - I am really exited for this corp. Finally a theme that they can really fly with. I believe it will get a response that has been lacking for the last couple of years.

2. Crown - I don't know what the show is so I'll base it on the momentum from last year.

3. Bluecoats - Hymn of Acxiom. Nothing else to say.

4. Cadets - Delving into what has worked in the past will pay off and could easily be two or three.

5. Cavaliers - Back in the top five with a dark but entertaining show.

6. SCV - How will it be any different? Out of ideas?

7. Phantom - Another female theme. Seriously. Is that their new thing.

8. BAC - Got nothing, but it seems a good place for them.

9. Blue Stars - About time. Not since "The Factory" have they captured emotion, and I think this one will.

10.Blue Knights - Hopefully no big blue balls.

11.Madison - This show could soar, could easily be as high as eighth.

12.Troopers - After last year, they will not settle for anything less than finals. Good theme that fits them.

13.Colts - Will be on the Troopers heels and could flip flop easily with them.

14.Pacific Crest - Underestimated horn line past several show. Solid showing.

15.SOA - Biggest fall. Out of ideas. Word is poor showings and lackluster energy at camps. Hope it is not true. Could be another PERIPHERY.

16.Crossmen - Should have put them ahead of Spirit.

17.Academy - Know nothing.

This is what I think. Just mine. For the record, I am a fan of all the corps. It's like ranking SEC football. Even the worst is good. "War Eagle".

This is just speculation from the little info I have. It is based purely on show themes that seem most intriguing to me.

1. Blue Devils - I am really exited for this corp. Finally a theme that they can really fly with. I believe it will get a response that has been lacking for the last couple of years.

2. Crown - I don't know what the show is so I'll base it on the momentum from last year.

3. Bluecoats - Hymn of Acxiom. Nothing else to say.

4. Cadets - Delving into what has worked in the past will pay off and could easily be two or three.

5. Cavaliers - Back in the top five with a dark but entertaining show.

6. SCV - How will it be any different? Out of ideas?

7. Phantom - Another female theme. Seriously. Is that their new thing.

8. BAC - Got nothing, but it seems a good place for them.

9. Blue Stars - About time. Not since "The Factory" have they captured emotion, and I think this one will.

10.Blue Knights - Hopefully no big blue balls.

11.Madison - This show could soar, could easily be as high as eighth.

12.Troopers - After last year, they will not settle for anything less than finals. Good theme that fits them.

13.Colts - Will be on the Troopers heels and could flip flop easily with them.

14.Pacific Crest - Underestimated horn line past several show. Solid showing.

15.SOA - Biggest fall. Out of ideas. Word is poor showings and lackluster energy at camps. Hope it is not true. Could be another PERIPHERY.

16.Crossmen - Should have put them ahead of Spirit.

17.Academy - Know nothing.

This is what I think. Just mine. For the record, I am a fan of all the corps. It's like ranking SEC football. Even the worst is good. "War Eagle".

Good ranking but Roll Tide

Totally disagree.

Have you seen the post of the horn line on FB? Seriously, go check it out.

1. Crown

2. BD

3. Blue Coats

4. SCV

5. Phantom

6. Cadets

7. BAC

8. BK

9. Cavaliers

10. Madison

11. Troopers

12. SoA

1. Carolina Crown- incredible brass-line will earn crown another victory

2. Blue Devils- another upset

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Cadets

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Boston Crusaders- would not be too suprised to see this corps in the top 6

7. Bluecoats

8. Madison Scouts

9. Cavaliers

10. Blue Knights

11. Crossmen

12. Troopers

13. Spirit of Atlanta- major upset for not finishing in finals

14. Blue Stars

15. Colts- 2014 show will be a crowd pleaser

16. Oregon Crusaders- kind of unpredictable. sort of the dark horse of World Class right now.

17. Pacific Crest

18. The Academy- visual improvement over last years show will help

19. Mandarins

20. Jersey Surf

21. Cascades- better recruiting would be a huge leap forward

22. Pioneer

• Like 1

11. Crossmen

I like Crossmen back in finals!!!

After all the show announcements so far:

1. Blue Devils - The source music is phenomenal and that's coming from someone who is not a fan of BD AT ALL. Don't see them losing this year.

2. Crown - No idea what their show is but I'm sure their hornline will be able to do amazing things just like last year.

3. Bluecoats - I just have this weird feeling that this year will be a big year for bloo. Love the source music so far.

4. Phantom Regiment - Not a new idea, no. But nevertheless phantom has me excited and I hope they can fix all the mistakes they made last year.

5. Cadets - From everything I've heard through their radio show, I'm not too enthused about this show but it will score high regardless.

6. Cavaliers - I love dark shows. But based purely on the direction the cavies have gone the past 2 years, not too sure they'll get higher than 6th.

7. SCV - Repeat show. Don't think they'll have too much success.

8. Boston Crusaders - Honestly didn't know where to put them. Choosing 5-8 was hard.

9. Madison Scouts - It has potential.

10. Blue Knights - Love the show theme and repertoire. Can't wait for this show.

11. Troopers - Really excited for this corps in general.

12. Crossmen - Yup, back in the finals.

13. SOA - Lack of new ideas. And momentum from the troopers + good show theme from Xmen.

14. Blue Stars

15. Oregon Crusaders - New to DCI but their show really intrigues me.

16. Colts - great crowdpleasing show.

17. Pacific Crest

18. The Academy

19. Jersey Surf

20. Mandarins

21. Cascades

22. Pioneer

After all the show announcements so far:

1. Blue Devils - The source music is phenomenal and that's coming from someone who is not a fan of BD AT ALL. Don't see them losing this year.

2. Crown - No idea what their show is but I'm sure their hornline will be able to do amazing things just like last year.

3. Bluecoats - I just have this weird feeling that this year will be a big year for bloo. Love the source music so far.

4. Phantom Regiment - Not a new idea, no. But nevertheless phantom has me excited and I hope they can fix all the mistakes they made last year.

5. Cadets - From everything I've heard through their radio show, I'm not too enthused about this show but it will score high regardless.

6. Cavaliers - I love dark shows. But based purely on the direction the cavies have gone the past 2 years, not too sure they'll get higher than 6th.

7. SCV - Repeat show. Don't think they'll have too much success.

8. Boston Crusaders - Honestly didn't know where to put them. Choosing 5-8 was hard.

9. Madison Scouts - It has potential.

10. Blue Knights - Love the show theme and repertoire. Can't wait for this show.

11. Troopers - Really excited for this corps in general.

12. Crossmen - Yup, back in the finals.

13. SOA - Lack of new ideas. And momentum from the troopers + good show theme from Xmen.

14. Blue Stars

15. Oregon Crusaders - New to DCI but their show really intrigues me.

16. Colts - great crowdpleasing show.

17. Pacific Crest

18. The Academy

19. Jersey Surf

20. Mandarins

21. Cascades

22. Pioneer

This I like.

Totally disagree about Spirit being out of ideas. Having been to the past few camps I can tell you for certain Spirit will surprise a lot of folks. I put then anywhere from 8-10

• Like 1