The staff merrigoround

I didn't see this elsewhere... John Meehan will be the musical designer for Pacific Crest. PC came on strong last year - here's hoping they can keep it up.

Pacific Crest release

Program Coordinator Mark Gunderson has tapped John Meehan to lead the design of the musical production for the 2014 season. This will mark John’s third season with Pacific Crest. He will once again arrange the brass scores, but will also bring together a team to produce the percussion arrangements and electronics effects and soundscapes. He takes over for Jeff Lee, who has been with corps for three years, the last two serving as Music Director and Percussion Arranger.

“My first two years working with the staff and members of Pacific Crest have been extremely rewarding,” explained Meehan. “I can’t wait to take on these new responsibilities and see what we can accomplish in 2014!”

“In the coming week, the 2014 creative team will be announced,” explained Executive Director Stuart Pompel, “but it’s important to pause and recognize Jeff’s stewardship in helping us fully realize our design philosophy and affecting the corps in so many positive ways. I also want to thank Pete Sapadin for his percussion arranging talents these past two seasons. These guys are pros, and we are grateful for their contributions to our recent success!”

• Like 1

1378041309[/url]' post='3320378']

Is this a new position, or is he replacing somebody?

This is a huge grab for Spirit. I know Dr. Snead was/is the executive director, not sure if he is stepping down or if this is a new position. One thing for sure, SOA is sending a message that they want next level.

This is a huge grab for Spirit. I know Dr. Snead was/is the executive director, not sure if he is stepping down or if this is a new position. One thing for sure, SOA is sending a message that they want next level.

I'd assume with a new executive director, they will give him the opportunity to bring his own team to the corps. If this happens, then you'll likely see an entirely different creative and instructional team across the board from them this year. Big changes can go well or poorly, depending on how the new staff gels and/or how the kids respond to different philosophies and approaches.

Been really enjoying them the past few seasons and hope its a positive step forward!

As long as they keep Doug Thrower!

Thrower was great at Dutchboy back in the day !! I learned a lot from him!

Just a question since this is a hot topic for knowing names. I was watching the Blue Stars Houdini show and liked the drill and looked up who wrote it. Doe anyone know what happened to KEvin Ford and if he still writes?

Yes he still writes. He is the long time head director and drill writer for the Tarpon Springs Outdoor Performance Ensemble. The Composer/Arranger for Tarpon Springs is Frank Sullivan who arranged Blue Stars music from I believe 2006-2012

Edited by amusicman

Just a question since this is a hot topic for knowing names. I was watching the Blue Stars Houdini show and liked the drill and looked up who wrote it. Doe anyone know what happened to KEvin Ford and if he still writes?

Would love for him to return to drum corps. The Factory and Houdini shows were brilliant, methinks. It's unfortunate that he and Blue Stars parted ways following Jason Bourne.

Yes he still writes. He is the long time head director and drill writer for the Tarpon Springs Outdoor Performance Ensemble. The Composer/Arranger for Tarpon Springs is Frank Sullivan who arranged Blue Stars music from I believe 2006-2012

a corps would be lucky to pick him up.

frank sullivan as well, I really liked his writing every year with blue stars with the exception of new world. .. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to PR actually.

a corps would be lucky to pick him up.

frank sullivan as well, I really liked his writing every year with blue stars with the exception of new world. .. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to PR actually.

He would be great at Phantom although they're sticking with Don Hill. Kuhn is heading up the percussion.