The staff merrigoround

What's going on with SCV? I hear some key long term staff resigned and many alums feel something is going on.

<div><br></div><div>EDIT: Apologies, I read that from a post that was dated back on March 1st. </div>

Edited by JKT90

Joe Musick gone from Cavies per Facebook.

Also states 2014 Brass leadership announcement forthcoming.

New brass caption head is David McGrath, and he'll be assisted by Freddy Martin, Michael Martin and Chip Crotts.

Well, it seems 2 things will be certain:

1. the trumpets will be excellent.

2. We will be able to hear the Cavalier hornline.

Very experienced masters who should do well based on previous performance.

I know this hasn't been confirmed, but how long have Freddy Martin and Michael Martin been with Phantom up to this point?

it is now confirmed, cf. Cavaliers.org. Mike Martin marched Phantom and has assisted in many ways since he aged out. The bio says he and dad have been with Regiment for four seasons lately.

it is now confirmed, cf. Cavaliers.org. Mike Martin marched Phantom and has assisted in many ways since he aged out. The bio says he and dad have been with Regiment for four seasons lately.

Thank you to Slingerland for posting the link.

Cavies - congratulations!

Edited by LincolnV

Umm. WOW.. :thumbup:/>

So, The Cavaliers now have a brass staff comprised of:

Head DCI Music Judge/Educator who has been telling the corps how to play for years, someone who has won multiple championships and Ott trophies as a brass caption head and staff member, a Hall of Fame Educator/Brass Pedagogue and his son, who just happens to play in the BSO, and is a world class musician/arranger/teacher, as their core staff? Not too mention their extensive resumes beyond drum corps as teachers and performers.. :blink:/>

I'm not sure if I can remember, even during the Bertman years, of the Cavaliers having so many experienced and well known brass educators on the same staff.

GREAT for them, and for us old guys, it's just nice to see more wonderful musicians teaching our kids in our DCI!

I've got a feeling we are going to see some great things and improvement from this corps in 2014..

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 5

Wow...I was hoping for a new brass staff.

Honestly never thought, it would be THIS brass staff.

Unbelievable get for the Cavaliers. Absolutely incredible.

When your brass caption head was the music judge for finals the past 2 years ....HUGE advantage.

Not forgetting to mention the Martin combo. A hall of famer and his son. As well as Chip Crotts. The trumpets should be outstanding next year.

Hopefully this announcement helps with member retention as well as makes many new young men excited to audition for the 2014 Cavaliers.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1