The staff merrigoround

I'm wondering when the Cavies will announce new brass folks? It seems to me that they still have the other pieces in place, and with a little better design and great brass staff, they could be right back in the thick of the top 5. The hornline has been down a bit of late and has not really been a regular player since the Bertman years and their championship runs back in the 2000's. Those were some great sounding hornlines..

Would love to see them rebuild that and run with the big boys again! :thumbup:

Mike Jackson is a huge gain for BK.

Props to Brian Stevens and Glen Crosby for turning that program around, they did some great work out there but I am excited to see what Mike can do.

Rumors of changes at Spirit heard at DCA. Anyone know?

Per their Facebook page JW Koester is in as Corps Director.

• Like 1

Spirit of Atlanta is excited to announce that the Board of Directors has hired JW Koester as the Corps Director of Spirit of Atlanta. JW is no rookie, nor stranger to the Drum Corps Activity. Mr. Koester has previously worked with The Glassmen, Phantom Regiment (2008 DCI world champions) and Santa Clara Vanguard (1999 DCI world champions) in sr. management positions. Mr. Koester was also the Drum Corps International Division II & II coordinator from 2002 - 2007.

"I am extremely excited to a part of the Spirit of Atlanta organization. I am looking forward to working with the corps members, staff and board to make 2014 the start of a very memorable adventure"

Spirit of Atlanta is excited to announce that the Board of Directors has hired JW Koester as the Corps Director of Spirit of Atlanta. JW is no rookie, nor stranger to the Drum Corps Activity. Mr. Koester has previously worked with The Glassmen, Phantom Regiment (2008 DCI world champions) and Santa Clara Vanguard (1999 DCI world champions) in sr. management positions. Mr. Koester was also the Drum Corps International Division II & II coordinator from 2002 - 2007.

"I am extremely excited to a part of the Spirit of Atlanta organization. I am looking forward to working with the corps members, staff and board to make 2014 the start of a very memorable adventure"

Wow. They were already on a good path. This can only be good for them. VERY GOOD. Excited for them! :thumbup:

• Like 1