The staff merrigoround

Looks like Carolina Crown will maintain Thom Hannum has percussion arranger, along with rest of 2013 design team according to the corps' website today, but there is no mention of who the instructors will be for 2014 for percussion or any other caption. http://www.carolinac...orps/2014-staff We can only imagine how hard it will be to design a show better for them and the audience and judges than this past summer..

No inkles yet emanating out of Cadets' design meetings in NYC this past Sunday and Monday. Their website had suggested possible announcement Monday IF they had come to some conclusion. Evidently not. Or perhaps after the BD fiasco on the international synch rights and overseas distribution of DVDs, they are now looking at intergalactic rights before announcing???!!!:shutup:/>/>

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 1

Call me crazy but I think the more significant part of that story involves Chuck Naffier's return to Colts.

Man... Crossmen... hope you have some well thought out recovery plan here...

That duo (in my relatively insignificant opinion) were the strength of that team.

to be continued....

• Like 1

Call me crazy but I think the more significant part of that story involves Chuck Naffier's return to Colts.

Man... Crossmen... hope you have some well thought out recovery plan here...

That duo (in my relatively insignificant opinion) were the strength of that team.

to be continued....

Agree...they had some great charts to play last season.

Best of luck to them getting an equally skilled design team for next year.

Blue Stars announcement coming shortly. My guess is new visual caption. Brass staff was great and new last year so it will stay the same.

We can only hope. Great arrangements, great drum line, great guard, bad marching band drill.

Dude, you continually use the phrase bad marching band drill. What does that mean?

Is that different than bad drum corps drill?

There are a lot of both, just like there are great marching band and drum corps drill.

We can only hope. Great arrangements, great drum line, great guard, bad marching band drill.

Dude, you continually use the phrase bad marching band drill. What does that mean?

Is that different than bad drum corps drill?

Meaning drill with out the content level of a drum corps (since they have a cptive audience to clean it) that is lacking the qualities of a well written marching band drill.

"Corps Manager David Pham has resigned after serving in that position for two years. David has been a member of Pacific Crest’s staff since 2006, and has served as visual instructor, Tour Director, and Corps Manager. ...

Gabriel Cobas will serve as Interim Corps Manager, effective September 1st."

Source