Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

Unless you have won DCI championships or are within tenths of winning it doesn't matter what spot your in. No corps has ever won from 12th to 4th maybe even third going into finales. so at that point just making finales is the goal put on a show that's respectable and entertaining. But my opinon artristy, broadway has tainted dc. I want mad chops and blow your doors off music.

Edited by Runitagain

Ahhh, the old "they started it" routine. What are you, five years old?

This is all very simple. It's about being respectful. And no matter how upset we all get about certain competitive things from time to time, all corps deserve respect. Here....

"The fact remains, if the Scouts are sitting in 11th place, something has gone terribly wrong."

See how easy that was? No reason to even bring the Blue Stars (or any other corps) into it because the Blue Stars are not the issue. The Madison Scouts are.

I agree, with that said, I was a real dick a few pages back (thanks drumman for calling me out). I don't want to contribute to any bad mojo, so gonna take a different path from here on out.

• Like 2

if you're going to play Fanfare for the New, you better play it better than the 1979 Guardsmen -- and Madison unfortunately doesn't.

The members play the music they're given. The paid design team let them down in a big way.

• Like 2

Unless you have won DCI championships or are within tenths of winning it doesn't matter what spot your in. No corps has ever won from 12th to 4th maybe even third going into finales. so at that point just making finales is the goal put on a show that's respectable and entertaining. But my opinon artristy, broadway has tainted dc. I want mad chops and blow your doors off music.

Phantom Regiment was 4th at prelims in 1996 and won finals (it was a tie with BD, but 1st is 1st).

Similarly, Phantom was 3rd at prelims in 2008 and won finals.

The members play the music they're given. The paid design team let them down in a big way.

Let who down, you?

The members are doing well and enjoying their product. Ask them, please. I've had plenty of conversations with them, so please, tell me who they let down?

Edited by tesmusic

Let who down, you?

The members are doing well and enjoying their product. Ask them, please. I've had plenty of conversations with them, so please, tell me who they let down?

Kinda like all the convos you had with people trashing the '97 show? lol

Kinda like all the convos you had with people trashing the '97 show? lol

Wow, you really want me to put those names on here. List people that I guarantee few if any on here know, and I know in all but one case those individuals aren't on this site.

Do me a favor, PM me, you're an alum and I'll let you know but not publicly, I was taught better than to be that disrespectful.

• Like 1

Let who down, you?

You seriously didn't understand who I meant by "them"? Yes I'm sure everything is just peachy keen super awesome that an 11th place finish is likely. Maybe 12th. Yes, this definitely meets historical expectations for the Scouts. Sure it does.

The paid staff let down the MARCHING MEMBERS with a poorly designed show, musically and visually. This is my opinion. And I stand by it.

Let who down, you?

I would expect that many Scout members are disapointed in the way this show & season have turned out.

I would expect that many Scout members are disapointed in the way this show & season have turned out.

Maybe, but I can tell you that the couple of former students of mine in the corps this year are having a blast. They said the members are aware of the disgruntled alumni and some fans, but according to them, they really don't much care. Whatever you think about the show they are performing, you have to love that attitude. I'm sure there are a few vets that don't like it, but they are (rightfully) staying quiet.

• Like 4