2014 show announcements?

if PR does another story show, I'm going to jump off a cliff.

And just like a lemming, I'd follow. However, I'd rather push a few others over the cliff first if they decide to do that to us again.

Seriously people…it's time to find a new niche. The crowds didn't really like the show last year, the fans on social media have griped about it enough, and even the kids in PR are getting tired of it. It's time to change things before the corps becomes a faded version of itself.

• Like 1

I wish some Corps would do a show based on the movie Eraser Head! The entire production would be black and white, there would be forms held for minutes at a time (to convey Lynch's long single shots), and there would be constant, random white noise in the background,,,,the show would be innovative, artistic and jarring to the audience!

• Like 1

I wish some Corps would do a show based on the movie Eraser Head! The entire production would be black and white, there would be forms held for minutes at a time (to convey Lynch's long single shots), and there would be constant, random white noise in the background,,,,the show would be innovative, artistic and jarring to the audience!

And would have long stretches of zero melodic content and nothing but loud effects.

Thinking about, it might be cooler if someone did a show based on El Topo, or maybe just a Alejandro Jodorowsky show in general. Troopers could maybe do El Topo, a western. That would elevate them to avant-garde status

Thinking about, it might be cooler if someone did a show based on El Topo, or maybe just a Alejandro Jodorowsky show in general. Troopers could maybe do El Topo, a western. That would elevate them to avant-garde status

That would move them to avant-garde status, perhaps. There's nothing necessarily elevated about cutting edge vs. traditional art.

Tolkien's writings prominently feature characters who jump or fall from cliffs, often fatally (Gollum, Nienor, Maedhros, Eol, Maglor), but sometimes not (Elwing, Gandalf). It's as prominent a motif in his mythos as the better-known theme of hand injuries (Sauron, Beren, Frodo, Gwindor, Maedhros (again)). I'd almost certainly prefer a Phantom Regiment "Silmarillion" to anything that Peter Jackson could devise.

This could be a great show for Phantom! I would love to hear the Lord of the Rings Symphony on the field, I beleive that is by Johan De Meij, written long before the movies, and not related musically to them at all. GREAT music for corps there!

I would love to hear the Lord of the Rings Symphony on the field, I beleive that is by Johan De Meij, written long before the movies, and not related musically to them at all. GREAT music for corps there!

Yeah, that's de Meij's first symphony. I got to hear him conduct it in Valparaiso last March (on the occasion of its 25th anniversary), leading a combination of two ensembles, in one of which Michael Boo plays (though he wasn't playing that day). I thought it was fantastic (an informal review by a professional critic can be found here). Unfortunately, I am under the impression that de Meij's works aren't currently available for corps or marching bands.

Unfortunately, I am under the impression that de Meij's works aren't currently available for corps or marching bands.

I was too. More on that subject >HERE<