2014 show announcements?

And would have long stretches of zero melodic content and nothing but loud effects.

So in other words, it's perfect for today's corps environment.

It probably will be, given the trend for this corps. And as long as it's a good story I'm fine with it.

#Operaband

if its malaga and strawberry soup, been there, done that.

It is neither. This show will not have anything the Scouts have ever done before!

67790TEMP980x417-1637.jpeg

"Representing the virtues and determination this Country was built upon, The Troopers have become the Corps for the people. It is these same principles that will be the driving forces in their 2014 production entitled ‘A People’s House’. Featuring the music of Clifton Williams, Charles Ives, and original works by Robert W. Smith, The Troopers invite you to celebrate the man that helped make this country what it is today.

With a deep sense of maturity, integrity, passion, and honesty, The Troopers will build off of last years successes and bring an emotional and power packed program to the field in a way that only America’s Corps can. Words that describe leadership . . . music that inspires visionaries . . . images that paint pictures of spacious skies and amber waves of grain . . . a program that is undeniably The Troopers."

• Like 3

if its malaga and strawberry soup, been there, done that.

As has been pointed out multiple times on this thread, and others, those pieces, as well as Malaguena will not be in the Scouts show.

I would like to see BD do some in your face, blow the stands down jazz music!

I miss the Blue Devils from the 90's... :sad:

• Like 1

Wonder if Trooper's announcement might steer Cadets away from a show based in part on either Lincoln or Copland's Lincoln piece. Then again, they both did West Side a few years ago...

Wonder if Trooper's announcement might steer Cadets away from a show based in part on either Lincoln or Copland's Lincoln piece. Then again, they both did West Side a few years ago...

Yeah I don't think that would have much impact on their decision making.

Looking forward to some Cadets narration this summer :-)