Phantom Regiment 2014

Woah did not know that was JD Shaw. Pretty cool.

Yup! He actually reprised it once in 2007, too. At one of the drum major education camps that Regiment held, a kid attending the camp got the chance to conduct the Regiment hornline playing Nessun Dorma (they were doing it as an encore piece). He said he would only do it if JD played the solo, so he obliged. I wish I had marched that year, so I could have heard that.

Patrick Seidling is one of the best people to have ever run Phantom.

Rick Valenzuela was running it when they won in 2008 -

Yes you know ###### well that I Seidling had done all the work to put them in position to win, no slight to Valenzuela Edited by Pes49

Yup! He actually reprised it once in 2007, too. At one of the drum major education camps that Regiment held, a kid attending the camp got the chance to conduct the Regiment hornline playing Nessun Dorma (they were doing it as an encore piece). He said he would only do it if JD played the solo, so he obliged. I wish I had marched that year, so I could have heard that.

And Concert in the Park in '09.

That definitely had me scratching my head, too.

Do people send messages to other people this way or is my imagination too active?

Do people send messages to other people this way or is my imagination too active?

In a podcast or interview for a magazine, Hill said something about the opera being his idea after he listened to it in the car. He then passed it along at the first design meeting.

In a podcast or interview for a magazine, Hill said something about the opera being his idea after he listened to it in the car. He then passed it along at the first design meeting.

Ah, ok. Do you think he would have realized that the last time that piece was played it was played by the arranger he was replacing by the corps he was going to?

I mean, I knew and these people are more connected to the activity than I am. Eh, just make me "go hmmmmmmmm".

things-that-make-you-go-hmmm_0011.jpg

Ah, ok. Do you think he would have realized that the last time that piece was played it was played by the arranger he was replacing by the corps he was going to?

I mean, I knew and these people are more connected to the activity than I am. Eh, just make me "go hmmmmmmmm".

things-that-make-you-go-hmmm_0011.jpg

One would think so.

Here's the link: http://livingattheopera.com/blog/2012/07/22/a-musical-marriage-made-in-the-heavens-phantom-regiment-drum-and-bugle-corps-and-giacomo-puccinis-opera-turandot/

I'm going to pass around a collection plate for the "Please Come Back JD" fund.

Surely with enough $$ he'd overlook any issues with upper management.

So what about the notion that it's not about the money

Maybe he has standards