Phantom Regiment 2014

My biggest concern right now is if the guard is using hair extensions...

I was just wondering that about BD's guard :smile:

• Like 1

I'd rank Klesch's 2000 and 2001 brass books as some of Regiment's best - right up there with Shaw's 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2010 masterpieces. It's too bad the mid 2000s visual & guard design staff wasn't in place in 2000 and 2001. 2000 Regiment is among my most played tracks ever on my ipod & iPhone. A painful year to watch, but a JOY to listen to both in arrangement & performance (despite finishing 7th I think they either tied SCV for fourth or beat that Adagio masterpiece for 4th place in music performance (Brass, Ensemble & Percussion combined).

And I agree with many others here, NONE of Hill's arrangements have worked for me or relay what I have always loved about Regiment's passion and melodic excellence. Oddly, 2014 may end up surpassing 2012 & 2013 but that is faint praise (and before anyone jumps in - to me, 2012's Turandot was a visual masterpiece with an "OK" music book - especially the closing pieces of Nessum Dorma and then the finale from the Opera).

• Like 3

I'd rank Klesch's 2000 and 2001 brass books as some of Regiment's best - right up there with Shaw's 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2010 masterpieces. It's too bad the mid 2000s visual & guard design staff wasn't in place in 2000 and 2001. 2000 Regiment is among my most played tracks ever on my ipod & iPhone. A painful year to watch, but a JOY to listen to both in arrangement & performance (despite finishing 7th I think they either tied SCV for fourth or beat that Adagio masterpiece for 4th place in music performance (Brass, Ensemble & Percussion combined).

And I agree with many others here, NONE of Hill's arrangements have worked for me or relay what I have always loved about Regiment's passion and melodic excellence. Oddly, 2014 may end up surpassing 2012 & 2013 but that is faint praise (and before anyone jumps in - to me, 2012's Turandot was a visual masterpiece with an "OK" music book - especially the closing pieces of Nessum Dorma and then the finale from the Opera).

I agree with everything you said. Especially the 2nd paragraph.

• Like 1

Preach.

Am I the only one on this darned forum who adored Turandot and the closer especially?! I found it more powerful than Elsa's the year before.

• Like 2

I agree with everything you said. Especially the 2nd paragraph.

Yup, not a fan, sorry!