Phantom Regiment 2014

I've marched with more than one corps and your opinion is noted and taken at the value it was given. Yes, I think you have the troll thing down.

I'm not sure you quite understand the definition of troll.

All this coming from someone who almost always posts snarky, vulgar ########...swooping down like a vulture to add what he thinks is insult to injury.

Ignore is a great function.

I'm not sure you quite understand the definition of troll.

All this coming from someone who almost always posts snarky, vulgar ########...swooping down like a vulture to add what he thinks is insult to injury.

Ignore is a great function.

Vulgar? Snarky possibly. Feel free to hit ignore. We all got it, you don't like PR's management. If you feel insulted I wonder why that would be......? Things that make you go hmmm.

Just as an FYI, Regiment has a specific system they use when deciding sleep schedule. There is an 8 hour rule that is used whenever possible, and any hours spent on the bus counts for 1/2 time towards that 8 hours.

So, to put it this way with a hypothetical:

4 bus hours (2 hours) + 6 floor hours = 8 hours

The corps sleeps plenty, promise. Not to knock you for not having marched, but that's the kind of thing you really have to experience to truly understand.

Oh, and 4 meals a day is also pretty much a necessity when you're burning that many calories. These decisions aren't made arbitrarily. Regiment is known for going without anything that may be considered a luxury whenever possible in order to save money, so I promise you, if it were feasible to cut down on food without harming the kids and their ability to perform/have a great summer, it would have been looked into.

I've spent more than my fair share sleeping in vehicles and on uncomfortable floors while on tour to understand. I'll disagree with the notion of members getting enough sleep whenever they post on social media that they don't get enough or say so in person.

And if BD and other corps can get enough calories with less meals, so can Regiment. More sleep would be just as beneficial to let their bodies recuperate.

Edited by chaos001

I've spent more than my fair share sleeping in vehicles and on uncomfortable floors while on tour to understand. I'll disagree with the notion of members getting enough sleep whenever they post on social media that they don't get enough or say so in person.

And if BD and other corps can get enough calories with less meals, so can Regiment. More sleep would be just as beneficial to let their bodies recuperate.

Where, doing what? You do understand eating more smaller meals is actually better for you right?

Wise-Facebook-Status-17343.jpg

Edited by Mello Dude

Dinosaur was a reference to sutasaurus.

Nothing? No, they do some things correctly. There are other things that would be better if fixed. What I say, whether once or a thousand times, will never be effective when falling on deaf ears or when one only wants to hear positive things.

As I'll say again, I'm always toughest on those I love the most. It may be difficult to see and understand through all of my griping and criticism, but I really only want things to be the best they can be at Regiment. I'll keep beating the dead horse until change comes.

I do respect my elders; I just don't always agree with their views or what they say. My grandmother also said not to believe everything you hear and that some people don't know their ### from a hole in the ground.

Did she also tell you to not believe everything that is said and I hope she taught you better if the reference to that I dont know my ####from a hole in the ground.is offensive. I dont expect you to agree with my views nor I yours. Many of the things I referenced in the post were tongue in cheek and I guess you didnt get it. I really would like to know what your real issue is with PR I am beginning to think It is more than what you say. You give me much food for thought.

I'm a fan of Rick Valenzuela and this goes back to his Vanguard days. Of everything I've seen, he comes across as a great guy and to be honest, based on everything I've seen here I just don't envy his position. I really hope he doesn't read this site.

If Rick tells someone the reason why he didn't take their offer, I won't doubt it - the reason given sounds just like Rick. He's there for a reason.

Rick V is a great guy from what I've experienced. One of the friendliest individuals around.

• Like 2

I offered my services (for free) some years ago to Valenzuela. He politely declined.

144V1rw.png?1

jflQk5j.png?1

I've reached out twice. Looking back at his last reply, he did say a student was working on it as part of his dues (kinda awesome for the kid). Not sure what came of that. He has my contact info though. I'll be happy to work with them if their current plans don't work out.

I'm a fan of Rick Valenzuela and this goes back to his Vanguard days. Of everything I've seen, he comes across as a great guy and to be honest, based on everything I've seen here I just don't envy his position. I really hope he doesn't read this site.

If Rick tells someone the reason why he didn't take their offer, I won't doubt it - the reason given sounds just like Rick. He's there for a reason.

Gabe211,

I sure like your website design proposal but perhaps some would be concerned with having to learn Latin in order to read the text. I think that first phrase " Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet " has something to do with the internet and a chinese police department but perhaps that also has to do with your sense of humor…something anyone who visits DCP's Phantom Regiment site had better have.

Like Lincoln, I have great respect for Rick ( and Lori ) Valenzuela. I believe he/they do all that they can to make every aspect of the current members and alumni experience and association with Phantom the best it can be, including, eventually, an improved corps website.

FYI, the current website's history traces back to a relationship that PR had, and still enjoys, with the Rockford Register Star, the local daily newspaper and a significant long-time booster. According to an article ( which can be found in the News section of the current website ), the then director of the paper's online site ( rrstar.com ) designed PR's website. This preceded Rick's joining PR in Nov, 2005.

The wheels of time grind slowly but grind they do. When the time comes, I hope you will be given the opportunity. Good luck!

Edited by 1956OPR

Yeah, if someone complains about being tired on tour, it must mean that they're in barbaric conditions. We should probably call CPS. Hey, folks who have marched, any of you ever complain about being tired or worn out, or talk about just wanting a mental/physical break while marching? Since when is that not par for the course with drum corps?

• Like 1

Gabe211,

I sure like your website design proposal but perhaps some would be concerned with having to learn Latin in order to read the text. I think that first phrase " Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet " has something to do with the internet and a chinese police department but perhaps that also has to do with your sense of humor…something anyone who visits DCP's Phantom Regiment site had better have.

;)

Didn't know about the site's history. Thanks for sharing! Their current implementation has worked very well for many years. Rick and team are wonderful people and I'll be glad to give back as a fan if ever needed.

Dinosaur was a reference to sutasaurus.

Nothing? No, they do some things correctly. There are other things that would be better if fixed. What I say, whether once or a thousand times, will never be effective when falling on deaf ears or when one only wants to hear positive things.

As I'll say again, I'm always toughest on those I love the most. It may be difficult to see and understand through all of my griping and criticism, but I really only want things to be the best they can be at Regiment. I'll keep beating the dead horse until change comes.

I do respect my elders; I just don't always agree with their views or what they say. My grandmother also said not to believe everything you hear and that some people don't know their ### from a hole in the ground.

I am Dino hear me roar. You, sir/madam...er...whatever are a nasty, mean spirited, troll who has done nothing other than grind an axe for elevendy-million drivel filled posts. For someone who has the Regiment's best interest at heart, is doing the corps no favors by bit**ing ad nauseum about EVERYTHING the organization does/doesn't do. Get off your a** and do something to effect change. Join the board for god's sake if you care that deeply for the organization or have you pi$$ed them off to the point they don't want you near them? Put down the keyboard and go do something positive. You might just feel better about it. Your negativity and obviously tainted viewpoint is noted and for the most part now ignored. Go home and do soemething constructive to get the corps you love back on track.

As a former marching member, instructor, support staff, and board member I find what you have to say of little value.

• Like 5