Bluecoats 2014

I was not the biggest fan of Blooo's 2013 show but holy crap, this 2014 show is overwhelmingly awesome. My favorite show last year was SCV's Les Mis but this Bluecoats show tops that! I love it. It saddens me that a show this wonderful won't necessarily get points with judges. I hope it does, these guys deserve it. It's a by product of having an artistic event turned into a competitive event I guess. They're my number one show (so far).

My son LOVES the Bluecoats and did the Blue Way camp this year so we got to see this show getting worked on. It was raining the second day so we got to see (and hear) a run through INSIDE the gym at Denison. Wow!

It was absolutely DEAFENING in that fieldhouse. I knew from the run through the night before that this was going to be a great year. It's a shame I'll only see them twice this summer.

• Like 1

If execution matches the show design, a new champion may be blooed this summer!

• Like 1

This show wins DCI this year. It has that special something. Can't wait to watch it evolve!

• Like 4

... I think I just decided to fly back to Ohio (I'm on the west coast) to the Massillon show on the 4th. It's gonna be SICK.

No place better to catch a Bluecoats show than Massillon...the crowd there is always pumped for Blooo, I can only imagine what it is going to be like this year :silly:

• Like 1

Checking over the video...are they spending some showtime dressing to the *tilt* on the front sideline? Because wow if so. It certainly looks that way.

• Like 2

What I can't get over is that the brass line literally bends their intonation throughout the show, including the soloists. I just saw a rehearsal clip for the first time and the show literally tilts you inside. My neck was tilted by the end of the show, but I literally felt like someone had transported me to a tilted version of reality. I can't imagine what it will look like LIVE, up close and personal. I think I just decided to fly back to Ohio (I'm on the west coast) to the Massillon show on the 4th. It's gonna be SICK.

Actually, I think it's just the synth that bends it's pitch, to sound like the hornline. I first thought it was the horns too, and was awestruck. But you can hear the brass re-enter when the chord gets to the bottom pitch.

Actually, I think it's just the synth that bends it's pitch, to sound like the hornline. I first thought it was the horns too, and was awestruck. But you can hear the brass re-enter when the chord gets to the bottom pitch.

At the end, yes, but there are a few pitch-bendy moments throughout the show.

The one at the end is a VERY cool effect. Probably the best integration of electronic-acoustic effects I've seen in DCI.

• Like 2

I saw them rehearse and perform it yesterday in Akron. Absolutely incredible. I love this show so much more than BD and even Crown. I think it has a chance of winning. When they perfect it it's gonna be mindblowing.

Edited by futurebluecoat
  • Like 2