Bluecoats 2014

When first hearing "Hymn of Axciom", did anyone else recognize it's similarity to the old "There's a hole in the bucket" skit from (old school) Sesame Street?

Classic Sesame Street - Song: "There's a Hole in the Bucket"

http://youtu.be/zYY6Q4nRTS4

That's exactly what I sing along to the show each time I hear that part. Glad I'm not the only one who thought this

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I just found this video. It's a high school program performing Tilt verbatim it seems.

I find it cute. Tough program to tackle by HS students. :tounge2:

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I just found this video. It's a high school program performing Tilt verbatim it seems.

I find it cute. Tough program to tackle by HS students. :tounge2:

While I can respect that effort, that's rough spot to put those students in. I can image that it is frustrating for those students that know Tilt and trying to live up to it.

As a former instructor I wouldn't be happy with this approach.

Edited by snare_guy_83

While I can respect that effort, that's rough spot to put those students in. I can image that it is frustrating for those students that know Tilt and trying to live up to it.

As a former instructor I wouldn't be happy with this approach.

I agree. I always wonder what makes some instructors want to go this route. Maybe they think it's easier since the design and music has proven to work? Great artist copy, good artist steal? Who knows. There are already some negative opinions about it on youtube which I hope those kinds don't read. My response? Cute, that's all.

Edited by gabe211

I think it's a fabulous approach.......

... if it's shows from the 80s and 90s.

Let the marinate before putting them in the bands' hands. How many current kids know about Tapestry of Nations/Chaos (Cadets 2000) or the tuba feature from Scouts '98? Your kids will think it's fresh! :-)

• Like 1