Bluecoats 2014

Anyone notice this on the Finals night live stream during the pitch bend? This guy's having fun. (Can't get the picture uploaded, so if anyone could tell me how that would be great. Until then, here is the link

xWRCzQf.jpg

Thats straight up Michael Jordan style...he was feelin' it!!!!

Here's a link to a baritone cam video if anyone's interested.

http://youtu.be/tmi3lplBOpY

How long do until every part in every section of every corps has one of these every year?

The second place for Bloo caught me by surprise. I thought it was amazing show and Bloo deserved it, but Cadets were formidable and since they were first or second all season, I expected a solid second place for Cadets. When Steve R. And Dennis D speculated, I thought it was a possibility but they've been wrong before. So when they announced Cadets as third, I was really regretting the fact I could not be in Indy. If I found it exciting live streamed, it must have been amazing live. Maybe I'll see Bloo's first gold next year. At least I can be consoled knowing I saw Crown win last year.

So cool! I wrote to Vienna Teng and thanked her for writing such wonderful music and mentioned that the Bluecoats did a phenomenal job with her Hymn of Acxiom. She wrote back and thanked me for the heads up and that she was going to post a clip of DCI Finals to her Facebook page.

• Like 1

From Vienna Teng's facebook:

Why Creative Commons is awesome, Exhibit B: Congrats to Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps on their fantastic 2014 show! Honored that they chose "The Hymn of Acxiom" for their ballad this season—hearing & seeing it this way gave me goosebumps. (The whole show is definitely recommended viewing too...)

and

Thanks to the Oregon Crusaders for including Hymn in their program as well! Very cool to see/hear it juxtaposed with Edgar Allen Poe...

Edited by packetslave
  • Like 4

It is not lost on me that Bluecoats jumped two corps this year (Cadets and Crown) while playing a piece of music written by an alumnus of those 2 corps.

It is not lost on me that Bluecoats jumped two corps this year (Cadets and Crown) while playing a piece of music written by an alumnus of those 2 corps.

Since DCImonkey is being cryptic, he is referring to Andy Akiho.
  • Like 1