Bluecoats 2014

One could also wonder how BD's 98.95 became a 99.65... but it is how it is.

I had the same thought about BD's growth from Prelims to Finals. Of course, 3 different judging panels had their say.

Its not complicated. The final number isn't a priority in the judging system. The rank and spread are the priority. Bluecoats score went up because the corps behind them scored higher, and the judges felt Coats performance justified a certain spread between them and the likes of Vanguard and Crown. When Cadets went on, enough of the judges felt that they weren't as strong as Coats that they didn't surpass that score.

And no, the Cadets were not flawless. They were very good. So were Bluecoats.

• Like 1

one could view their prelims performance and their finals performance back to back and wonder how a 95.8 became a 97.1.....

That's easy...Thursday night had approx 8,000 people going nuts, Friday had approx 15,000 people going nuts and Saturday night had approx 25,000 people going BERSERK :silly:

and that's 97.175

• Like 1

That's easy...Thursday night had approx 8,000 people going nuts, Friday had approx 15,000 people going nuts and Saturday night had approx 25,000 people going BERSERK :silly:

and that's 97.175

The fans were going berserk for Coats for about 30 shows this summer where berserk did not lift them where the fans wanted them to be.

The fans were going berserk for Coats for about 30 shows this summer where berserk did not lift them where the fans wanted them to be.

tumblr_l00te2SCDj1qat0suo1_500.jpg

• Like 3

tumblr_l00te2SCDj1qat0suo1_500.jpg

Cute.....his name is Charles or Thelonius?

When first hearing "Hymn of Axciom", did anyone else recognize it's similarity to the old "There's a hole in the bucket" skit from (old school) Sesame Street?

Classic Sesame Street - Song: "There's a Hole in the Bucket"

http://youtu.be/zYY6Q4nRTS4

• Like 2

Not for nothing, but if you enjoy the original version, you should check out Vienna Teng on Spotify (or your music provider of choice). If you dig her stuff, consider buying something. It can't hurt for our community to show some financial love to the folks who graciously allow our groups to play their stuff, especially when they are smaller acts. I know that I will probably buy her album Aims (the one with Hymn), mainly because I enjoy this style of music. A bit different from what you hear on the radio, which is right up my alley.

• Like 3