Bluecoats 2014

WAY TO GO COATS!

• Like 2

The term "Once in a Blue Moon" is used to describe something that rarely comes along.

This is exactly what the Bluecoats show is this year.

21st century music, sights, sounds, colors, movement... it's all there - including a new term added to drum corps vernacular: Pitch Bend.

• Like 2

... it's all there - including a new term added to drum corps vernacular: Pitch Bend.

*cough* Cavaliers 2008 *cough*

• Like 6

Bluecoats have had great moments in good shows, but never a truly great show. This 2014 Bluecoats have a GREAT show and whether they win the championship are not we will be talking about this program for many years to come.

I have complained about being distracted by props, amplification and electronics for a decade or more, but I think this is the show that finally got it right.

Cant wait to see them live in San Antonio.

Edited by bluesman

Bloo! Love the show!

• Like 2

Bluecoats have had great moments in good shows, but never a truly great show. This 2014 Bluecoats have a GREAT show and whether they win the championship are not we will be talking about this program for many years to come.

I have complained about being distracted by props, amplification and electronics for a decade or more, but I think this is the show that finally got it right.

Cant wait to see them live in San Antonio.

Bluecoats have had MANY great shows over the years... this one is highly competitive, but let's not forget all their tremendous years!

• Like 3

The Bluecoats have had many great shows, sights and sounds over the years. "To Look for America" from last year is one of my favorites. The opening parade march, music, "Bloo Ha" was awesome; 2012 brought us Unmasqued with a some of the most beautiful sounds you'll ever hear from a brass line, 2011 was Creep, 2010 Metropolis, the Boxer from '08, Criminal '07, Connexus '06. They've achieved a level of consistency few can match over the years. It's no surprise to me that 2014 has produced such an incredible show. It's starts at the top and runs its way through the entire organization. This corps has earned every accolade it has received this year.

Well deserved, Bluecoats. I am proud of you!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 5

The Bluecoats have had many great shows, sights and sounds over the years. "To Look for America" from last year is one of my favorites. The opening parade march, music, "Bloo Ha" was awesome; 2012 brought us Unmasqued with a some of the most beautiful sounds you'll ever hear from a brass line, 2011 was Creep, 2010 Metropolis, the Boxer from '08, Criminal '07, Connexus '06. They've achieved a level of consistency few can match over the years. It's no surprise to me that 2014 has produced such an incredible show. It's starts at the top and runs its way through the entire organization. This corps has earned every accolade it has received this year.

Well deserved, Bluecoats. I am proud of you!

That opening brass hit in "To Look for America" is one of all time favorite moments in Drum Corps going back to my first live show in 1977. This years program is like having that moment last for an entire show.

• Like 4