Bluecoats 2014

I'm game. I'll be at the Atlanta show... tilting away.

Count me in. I'll be ///////// in the Alamo Dome.

• Like 1

Go Bluuuuuuuue first head to head with BD

Tilt the crowd to Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue

The Bluecoats must add a pattern of action with the triangles in order to win. Without this pattern, there's no story, no humanity. They must build meaning with the triangles, and they can do it easily. Here are some simple patterns of action that will allow them to build story and humanity into their show, simply.

1) Jumping- one guy is afraid to jump, and finally does at the end, powers the corps to the final push.

or

2) Bridging the gap- one last person unable to cross between the two platforms, corps carries him across the gap and he leads the final push

or

3) Two sides come together, half the corps on either sides of the field, once the triangles are pushed together, both sides join as one.

The show is aching for meaning through story, and a simple activity like one of these is all it needs to finish first. Everything else is in place.

Bravo BLOO. I have been a fan and friend of this corps since way back when. You have a fabulous show this summer. :wow:

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

The show, by design, does not have a story. This is straight from the mouth of the show designer, via the Field Pass podcast. A great show does not need a story to be great.

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 5

Hey Bluecoats fans: Bloo proved tonight they can beat BD and be a very serious and legitimate contender for the gold. Every caption was very thin tonight. Only .2 back in brass, top percussion, top guard, top visual. Need to close the gap in GE. But when you can beat or give BD a run in brass, percussion, guard - these are staples of the Devils.

Look out world - if you didn't have Bloo on the radar to win this thing this year, it's not too late to jump on the Bloo Band-err, Corps Wagon! It's going to roll all the way to Indy on finals night!!!

• Like 1

Hey Bluecoats fans: Bloo proved tonight they can beat BD and be a very serious and legitimate contender for the gold. Every caption was very thin tonight. Only .2 back in brass, top percussion, top guard, top visual. Need to close the gap in GE. But when you can beat or give BD a run in brass, percussion, guard - these are staples of the Devils.

Look out world - if you didn't have Bloo on the radar to win this thing this year, it's not too late to jump on the Bloo Band-err, Corps Wagon! It's going to roll all the way to Indy on finals night!!!

The east coast is fierce this year. Tell that to the west coast.
  • Like 1