The Cadets - 2014

Amen, Mr. Lewis and Sideways. That's basically the (growing) problem, but I would call it authoritarian corporatist plutocracy more than fascism.

Art is abstract, ambiguous. The more direct it is, the more it becomes propaganda.

Hell, even Beethoven learned his lesson when he violently crossed out his 3rd symphony tribute to Napoleon.

No he didn't. Check out "The Battle of Wellington." Even geniuses need to make the rent sometimes. Edited by jordsterr

I will forever not understand why folks think the judging is wrong when it is the corps themselves that decide how they want to be judged.

If DCI corps want to be rewarded for cheesy over-the-top propaganda/designwork/etc., then that's what they're gonna get rewarded for. Just because you hate it, doesn't mean it should be judged that way.

I personally think a lot of the BD show is cheesy and over the top too. So is Carolina Crowns. So is SCV and Cavaliers. Yeah, I get it. They are vampires. Jeez, you gotta beat me over the head with that?

See the similarities?

I get it. They're tilting. Enough already. :)

Seriously? One can think what one wants about GH, but not having courage of conviction just isn't part of his makeup.

Courage of conviction. Interesting thought. So when Hop pushed the amps rules change and it got voted down, then kept coming back with it again and again until it passed, that was courage of conviction. I'm good with that. HOWEVER, when a poster complains about how they hate narration, the reaction is often along the lines of, you're beating a dead horse, or it's been decided, time to move on, etc. I see it as courage if conviction. And if ya don't or do like something, you should say it. And don't be cowed into silence by those who disagree with you and want to shut you up.

• Like 2

Not speaking for zig, but I continue to comment on my disappointment because I had run the gamut of emotions on this show. I started out disliking the concept, then went to have them actually sell me on what they were doing, back to sitting in bewilderment at the amount of kitsch, schlock, and crap thrown onto the field.

I still think that the actual drum corps aspects of this show are phenomenal. It's everything else that's been added that detract from an incredibly talented bunch of kids.

I've yet to see one person chime in in support of these face-tarps, and capitol building scrims. Not one person on this forum who feels the show needed them or they add something that was lacking.

Not one. Not even from the usual homers.

I will be that person. It's like the end of the 4th of July fireworks. Just when it's enough, we get more. Really works for me.

• Like 1

END OF SHOW

CADETS Wheelchair out FDR for finals.

Adds to the CHEESE FACTOR.

Last show A D outer than that no way.

I will be that person. It's like the end of the 4th of July fireworks. Just when it's enough, we get more. Really works for me.

Roger.

Check one under the "Tarps Are Awesome" column.

Courage of conviction. Interesting thought. So when Hop pushed the amps rules change and it got voted down, then kept coming back with it again and again until it passed, that was courage of conviction. I'm good with that. HOWEVER, when a poster complains about how they hate narration, the reaction is often along the lines of, you're beating a dead horse, or it's been decided, time to move on, etc. I see it as courage if conviction. And if ya don't or do like something, you should say it. And don't be cowed into silence by those who disagree with you and want to shut you up.

I'm speaking more of the long haul. There's more than 30 years of Cadets actually doing things that are criticized, copied, accepted.