SCV's announcement soon!

I generally don't mind a corps playing music that has been done in the past. What bothers me is that when some corps do it, they get blasted about their lack of innovation and creativity and "mail in" designs, and when other corps do it, we break out the champagne and reminisce of fabulous yesteryears being repeated.

Well,

Part of that is how often it happens and HOW they do it. It's not so much the "what" as it is the "how".

I generally don't mind a corps playing music that has been done in the past. What bothers me is that when some corps do it, they get blasted about their lack of innovation and creativity and "mail in" designs, and when other corps do it, we break out the champagne and reminisce of fabulous yesteryears being repeated.

Part of it is how often they do it, and how well they do it.

SCHEHERAZADE...

Gesundheit!!

Unfortunately the fan network only has one of those available to view, and that's 2004

It does have the Minnesota Brass show as well, but you need to be subscribed to the DCA section.

people are pretty much fine with rehashed shows as long as it isn't BD or Hopkins......just saying

I'm anxious to hear how much of a remake this will be. That swagger that the percussion had with Murray and Casella at the helm is much of what made the 2004 version work so well. The Rennicks will have to REALLY up their game to match it.

yeah I'm very curious...Rennick is no slouch, and he and Shaw make a great team...but man, 04 had some balls to it with Casella, Murray and Key on the brass side.

but hey, it's not Malaguena, so ok!

• Like 1

people are pretty much fine with rehashed shows as long as it isn't BD or Hopkins......just saying

BD does rehashes? I don't recognize them.

• Like 2

You aren't the only one.

All that seasoned instructional talent but a show from the past.

Is it the issue with securing rights that is making everyone hesitant to move beyond what has already been done?

yeah those musical designers relly sucked digging up Spartacus didn't they??

yeah I'm very curious...Rennick is no slouch, and he and Shaw make a great team...but man, 04 had some balls to it with Casella, Murray and Key on the brass side.

but hey, it's not Malaguena, so ok!

Yeah, I agree. When I first heard this announcement my initial thought was "AGAIN?!?!?! TOO SOON!" But between JD Shaw & Rennick, I'm fairly excited for anything they want to give us! I'd rather hear new stuff than rehashed concept shows, but I was wrong last year about Les Mis. I REALLY hated the idea of SCV doing Les. Mis, but I enjoyed their show a lot last year. I can admit I'm wrong (maybe not to my wife :tounge2: ), especially in regards to last year, and in light of that I can put aside my reservations about SCHEHERAZADE being redone and wait to see what SCV delivers this summer