Thanks for the link, Eleran.

Interesting read on the thought process that went into the design of their new unis. ( nice newsletter by BAC too, imo)

This is a corps that seems to have a VERY clear vision of where they're from, where they're at right now, and where they want to take their program in the future. The more I see of these uniforms, the more I like them. And the more I read about what this organization is up to, the more impressed I am. I was never much of a Boston fan in the past, but they are easily at the top of my "corps to watch" list right now. Well done, Crusaders!

• Like 1

I liked the new uniform based on the first photo and now that I see more details, I like it even more.

The horizontal detailing on the front of the jacket has a subtle "bullet proof vest" look to it - particularly with the upper part of the arm so defined by the solid red color.

It's one of the nicest uniforms I've seen in a couple of years.

As nice as the uniform pictures are, I find an interesting subtext in much of the newsletter. The focus of the corps throughout the 80's was simply survival, which it succeeded at through sheer grit and determination. The 90's were all about "getting to the next level", which it achieved by improvements made on and off the field. The 2000-2013 period was focused on being a "consistent competitor" which it did by way of 15 consecutive years in the top 12, with the extremes being 5th place and 10th place, but frequently in the 7th/8th place neighborhood, which is nothing to sneeze at these days. This was due to two consecutive strong corps directors with an eye on modernizing the corps even further.

As I read the news letter, and having had conversations with several board members whom I trust completely, I have come to the conclusion that, as an organization, BAC is pulling out all the stops to be absolutely focused on getting into the uppermost tier of the activity. It almost seems as though with the rollout of Inspire Arts & Music, combined with all the other things mentioned in the newsletter, the BOD has decided to become a top three corps ORGANIZATIONALLY, with the competitive piece taking care of itself. Notice the use of words like "brand" and "company" throughout. One might conclude that Boston is even jumping ahead of some other groups in this respect.

Read the above referenced newsletter, and it may give you pause.

• Like 2

I have come to the conclusion that, as an organization, BAC is pulling out all the stops to be absolutely focused on getting into the uppermost tier of the activity. It almost seems as though with the rollout of Inspire Arts & Music, combined with all the other things mentioned in the newsletter, the BOD has decided to become a top three corps ORGANIZATIONALLY, with the competitive piece taking care of itself. Notice the use of words like "brand" and "company" throughout.

I totally agree! About 3 years ago I totally started digging Boston's aura and personality. The way they carry themselves kinda reminds me of how Crown looked around 2007/8.... and look where they ended up! That hunger just oozes out of them.

I also think that a 75 page newsletter is... just... epic!

Note to Colts: THAT is how you do a red to black fade!

Think this wins Best New Bada$$ Uniform Change in Recent Memory.

• Like 3

Yup, those are seriously bad ###. Intimidating.

Yes. If the original crusaders had worn these, they would have been even more terrifying, if less well protected. Speaking of which, the cross look is a deliberate reference to the original crusaders.

They've changed from FJM, so I think BandShoppe pulled out all the stops to make a statement here. A "not Michael Cesario" statement.