Blue Knights up .9 tenths from last show. BAC up 3.1 from last show, that's some progress on Boston's part. Congrats to the kids, the staff, and the board for a very productive week. Three weeks left to clean and add, and have fun doing it!! Lots of work left to be done!!

• Like 1

i was SO HAPPY to see this show live (uh, via FN) and really see how much BAC has moved in the past 9 days or so. they have started to have the top 10 execution i was somewhat worried about until now. it's such a difficult and different show, some people will NEVER like this show simply because they want a flag-draped, heart-throbbing, "enjoyable" show. but BAC has made a huge step forward (in design, raising the bar) and is now getting the execution together. i'm a rookie dad; my son is so pumped about the entire experience, and of course, just one corps' member's benefit is much more valuable than all the forum member's opinions. that is, any corps member, not only my son...

they will keep pushing, for sure, and they have plenty to work on. they broke 80 and seem to have a very firm 9th place tonight, except for one guard judge who is being discussed readily on the San Antonio thread...

• Like 1

It's such a difficult and different show; some people will NEVER like this show simply because they want a flag-draped, heart-throbbing, "enjoyable" show.

Actually quite a few people on these forums, at any rate, prefer what they call "dark" shows. And relatively few successful drum corps shows have been either notably patriotic (a couple Cadets shows and one by Star come to mind) or romantic (a few more of this type, largely by SCV and Phantom in the late 80s and early 90s; "Spartacus", perhaps, would qualify: at least the drill form was a big heart at the moment the heroine's throat was slit). Rather it is clever concepts that win over the judges and toe-tapping or lush music that wins over the crowds. Much as I enjoy Boston's show this year--and I have been admiring it since the Akron cinemacast-- and I recognize its difficulty (of its type, it's probably the hardest show on the field, but there are different kinds of difficulty, and as Kamarag has stressed in his discussions of Buccaneers vs. Caballeros this year, you don't get much credit for difficulty until you start to achieve it), it does follow in and build on a tradition.

From their Akron debut on June 21, when they scored 66.4, until tonight, 28 days later in San Antonio where they scored 82.425, Boston has improved an average of 0.572 points per day. With 21 days left to Finals (and it now seems highly likely that they will appear in Finals), if they keep up that rate of improvement, they will score a 94.445. Can they do it?

1. The soloist in the corner played into a microphone this evening. Is this the first night for that change?

2. The drill in the ballad has been changed, as someone else noted, and perhaps watered down a little, since it's very difficult to make a clean circle, much less two intersecting circles that both rotate--those are gone. In the process, they lost a little backfield musical effect I liked in the low brass. But given the score improvement, probably a necessary loss. Much of the rest of the show remains intact, which is gratifying.

3. Pardon me if I missed mention of this, but I don't believe it's been noted before: early in the show, after the "B A C" devolve into three pods but before the rotating windmill drill, the corps forms a hammer and sickle.

"they will keep pushing, for sure, and they have plenty to work on. they broke 80 and seem to have a very firm 9th place tonight, except for one guard judge who is being discussed readily on the San Antonio thread..."

Could it be that there are 8 colorguards that are better? Lee Carlson is pretty much the top guard judge and calls it as he see it

Edited by DCI-86