BAC's got to get past PR and BK before they do anything, and if they're able to do that, considering how they were placing in June, they could consider that a major accomplishment.

Personally, I don't see it happening. The GE just isn't there. Trying to examine the workings of a totalitarian regime (ala Orwell's story), the show feels like a totalitarian regime itself, very low on charm. Perfectly valid, as a design choice, but it's never going to win the theoretical Fan Favorite award.

I am a huge fan of BK's show this year and I know they will continue to layer their show too.....If Boston can continue to clean this show, I could see it move up. To be quite honest, it is obvious why their guard is in these masks, but feel they coud have accomplished the same with hair/makeup techniques. The guard is better, but still quite dirty.

Just a real quick comment....I noticed you added a trombone in the trumpet segment of Polyushko Polye...It would be just too funny if the trombonist embellishes that just a bit more...poking fun at the whole ridiculousness of the leaders attitudes...

• Like 1

Just saw that Boston got a nice draw again for the Atlanta regional.

• Like 3

2. The drill in the ballad has been changed, as someone else noted, and perhaps watered down a little, since it's very difficult to make a clean circle, much less two intersecting circles that both rotate--those are gone. In the process, they lost a little backfield musical effect I liked in the low brass. But given the score improvement, probably a necessary loss. Much of the rest of the show remains intact, which is gratifying.

Which do you believe would earn more points if execution was the same, two rotating circles or the new change.

Boston Crusaders parent organization - Inspire Arts & Music in partnership with Drum Corps International is proud to announce StreetBeat 5k, a run/walk event on August 9, 2014 in Indianapolis, Indiana!

The Street Beat 5k course will take place along the Canal Walk in downtown Indianapolis the morning of DCI Finals beginning at 7:30am, giving fans a chance to enjoy Drumline Battle and SoundSport activities that afternoon, and DCI Finals that evening. Runners and walkers will also be able to choose which drum corps or local marching band they’d like to support when registering, as 50% of proceeds from each designated registration, go directly to their selected organization.

More Info and registration can be found here: http://streetbeat5k.com/

• Like 4

I have never been a fan of the recent uniform fad of the airbrush color fade, even though I have worn one in a unit I marched with myself. I do, however, LOVE Boston's uniform and how they mixed the traditional uniform with a new effect. Really digging the shift when they turn backfield, It gives that pop of color that you don't see when the horns are to the face. Major props to the design staff and FJM, I believe.

Edited by palmettomello
  • Like 1

I have never been a fan of the recent uniform fad of the airbrush color fade, even though I have worn one in a unit I marched with myself. I do, however, LOVE Boston's uniform and how they mixed the traditional uniform with a new effect. Really digging the shift when they turn backfield, It gives that pop of color that you don't see when the horns are to the face. Major props to the design staff and FJM, I believe.

The Band Shoppe sponsors the Boston Crusaders, not FJM.

I agree on the effectiveness of the corps' new uniforms, however I believe they are an exclusive design produced by BandShoppe, not FJM.

• Like 1

The show is very difficult and a tad cerebral. The staff and members are working hard to improve the performance and communication to the audience. Lot's of edits and enhancements this past week including some edits designed to improve flow, performance and endurance. The focus now is excellence. After a free day in Dallas, the Corps will be in a stadium for a couple of days rotating blocks for each section to get a chance to clean in a big venue. For a group to break into the top you have to have a show with the significant content. Now it is a matter of how excellent it can become in 3 weeks. The entire organization is focused on improvement and pushing thorough the final show. In addition, the organization is well positioned to sustain itself at the next level, a key to Building A Champion.

Congratulations and best to you and your org.! I believe the future is yours and a special thanks to your media dept. for keeping all updated on Social Media, rather than having to go through the DCP filter of know-it-alls and bashers. I think I'll buy some merchy this year! Keep it up, Boston. Y'all are a fine group.

• Like 1