Viewed a tape of last nights run threw. Looking pretty good.

Hey Craig - carry on.

This thread is giving me agita and I can't read any more.

Like old take out Chinese food...

So many experts, so little time...

Wish I knew this much about the activity.

Dzai Jian (how the actual General would say see you later)

By "manage responsibilities" I mean just that. There are programmatic moments in the top four shows to really give the members a chance to regain their composure. It has created for some oddly-paced moments (i.e., TONS of crown's show). Boston's show doesn't do that. Marching, playing, body, flutter in the ballad, jazz run sprints all over the place. The responsibilities placed on each individual member are much higher than what I see from the other groups.

You can see that the judges feel this way too, because of the gap in rep/perf and how well BAC is getting rewarded for what they can do well right now.

I think they are the dark horse to start knocking out the people above them in the next few weeks.

Well said and I agree.

Moments I love about this show:

- Boxer. So mournful.

- the Old MacDonald riff. Twisted.

- the synth patch drop before Conquest

- Symphony 11, Mvmt. 4. So well orchestrated.

My favorite moments...

• The Battle on Ice..just love the music of the opener!
  • The BAC set that blazes across the field...reminds me of the BIG "B" in 1983...
  • The Giant human windmill...
  • The G7 "finger"...well I'm imagining a certain finger anyway...
  • Angry Conquest...absolutely love this...
  • Like 4

I love the human windmill part of the show! I've seen the show a few times and it blows my mind every time. If I was the one who had to get on top of all of those people, especially on windy or wet nights, I would freak! It seems kind of scary! I love being able to tell who hasn;t seen Boston's show already, when they get to the windmill the people who haven't seen it look shocked!! It's so funny!! They are all of the same people who after the ballad is over just turn and look at each other and say, WOAH I DID NOT EXPECT THAT.

• Like 1

Heard a good story today. One of BAC people were in a donut shop and he got talking to a guy next to him. Come to find out his kids marched with the cadets in the 90's. He bought BAC donuts and deliver them to their site what a class act.

• Like 5

the round rock show was called due to lightening, apparently. therefore, BAC had more time to work, changing the ballad for a "quantum leap of improvement" says a member, "shorter and thrice as nice". they took the time to clean a lot and enrich a low brass/mellophone section a lot. i do indeed hope that the SA show will really let BAC close their gap, alter the spreads, or whatever you gamblin' guys like to term it. this forum is great to read and i appreciate nearly everyone's contributions...

• Like 4

Watching Michael Boo's blog, read mention of at least two uniform changes this year during show! How innovative!!

Edited by nysader