Blue Devils 2014 Thread

The show sounds like it is perfect for the Blue Devils, and should give the opportunity for a lot of really neat musical and visual ideas. I look forward to seeing it this summer.

It's like 2008 and 2012 coming to a meeting and forming 2014. Looking forward to this show by the Devils

It seems like with each year, the Devils produce a show that seems a culmination of their design direction... and then the next year comes and they look poised to blow their previous offerings right out of the water.

Where's Plan9? ... I feel like I'm becoming a full-blown Devils honk and I don't know what to do about it.

• Like 2

After watching links to most of the source material I really think this show is going to blow some minds! Real heavy on swing from what I heard.

"But I wanted to hear Cahnnel One or some other 70's.."... *SMACK* "go put on a video tape!"

• Like 2

After watching links to most of the source material I really think this show is going to blow some minds! Real heavy on swing from what I heard.

"But I wanted to hear Cahnnel One or some other 70's.."... *SMACK* "go put on a video tape!"

I'll try to reply (yikes). Channel One was performed by Del before BD. I witnessed both performances. Channel One was also used by 1982 1st Canadian Regiment winter guard.

The irony is that I can't purchase 2013 Rite of Spring because I'm Canadian! Dear BD. Let me be able to enjoy 2014 (good copyrite please :)

Dear flammaster. I ain't got no video tapes. Got a few DVD's and 100 pristine classical and jazz record albums. So there! lol

The irony is that I can't purchase 2013 Rite of Spring because I'm Canadian! Dear BD. Let me be able to enjoy 2014 (good copyrite please :)

Lindap...it is a known fact that by a decree of the Queen, Canadians are not permitted to listen the the Rite of Spring; it drives them over the edge into insanity. (j/k) :tounge2:

Lindap...it is a known fact that by a decree of the Queen, Canadians are not permitted to listen the the Rite of Spring; it drives them over the edge into insanity. (j/k) :tounge2:

The Rite of Spring is clinically proving to cause hockey fights to break out in Canada...that and just about everything else.

Honestly...I was hoping the team from Concord would switch gears in 2014.

As always I will provide my complete open ears and eyes as I do every season with every drum corps. Here's hoping I like/love it.

Oh...and Channel One...nope...don't want to hear them play that. Saw them in 1986 live and there is nothing in this modern world of BD music arranging that could match that one. :cool:

• Like 1

To quote the supposedly famous/infamous words of Admiral Yamamoto immediately following Pearl Harbor:

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Something tells me Blue is on the warpath....

Edited by HornTeacher