Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

The Cadets...just WOW! This is a championship potential show in all ways. They are clean and amazing for so early in the season, yet with so much room to grow. This patriotic presentation featuring quotes from American Presidents has all the elements of good drum corps, showmanship, and theater. It's a musical history lesson and an emotional journey of what it means to be American.

The narrator was magnificent and he did an interview after the show for the theater presentation. What a voice. It's definitely him.

The drill is impeccable and the marching technique is wonderful and the cadets are giving a lesson in how to march for so early in the season. Brass and percussion are monster lines and will both be top 3 come August.

Is this a winner? I think it has a chance. I'd be shocked if it wasn't top 3. Crowd in our theater hollered out bravo and cheers at the end of this show. Just WOW! Thank you, Cadets!

• Like 2

Carolina Crown has for the past 6 years been getting my full attention, and this show will as well. Their space theme is much like a drum corps version of Disney's Mission to Mars. Interestingly, the Cadets show is much like Disney's Hall of Presidents. Nice coordination guys. Make sure Disney chips in.

The brass is to die for. Just amazing playing and they will be the odds on favorite for the Jim Ott high brass award. Percussion is vastly improved and we'll featured in this show.

I love the turquoise pants, but they get lost a little on the field at Akron.

Visually this show is not as strong as Cadets. Drill is good but cluttered, and often there is too much going on. In the long run this will be a great show and should also contend, but they have work to do.

• Like 8

Crown was absolutely terrific

Drums much improved.

I absolutely love the end two minutes of the program

Horn line is having some uncharacteristically tough time with her their entrances and attacks

Very very good Corps.

• Like 4

Bluecoats hit the field with the freshest program to enter dci since crown wowed us with The Grass is Always Greener way back in 2009 or so

Like that program I wouldn't be surprised to see this Corps in number two spot fighting for a championship come finals night

Orange is definitely the new blue!

• Like 5

BLUECOATS: WOW what an opening statement!!!! Love the opening trumpet solo with synth effects. Then after the first big hit the full trumpet section plays an amazing soli section. The musical colors in the opened are wonderful. Drill is crisp and well written to take advantage of the the Tilt theme.

Brass sounds big and bold with a high level of demand. They have that amazing Bluecoat balance. Percussion may contend for a drum trophy this year...and they are usually in the hunt for top 3.

The synth bell effects are wonderful and help to transition into the 2nd section of the show. The use of pit instruments is really the best I've heard this year. I also love the whistle effects which are used a few times.

The end of the ballad is to die for. What beautiful music played by a killer brass line.

The tuba section may be the best in DCI again. Their soli feature was wonderfull with chordal tones and all.

Finally the ending treats us to some special glissando effects that not only get the crowd going nuts, but they help set up the ending in grand fashion. The effects are mostly done via synth in the pit, but it's really cool.

This show has serious potential and can easily contend for top 3, maybe even a title. The marching is GOOD. The visual program is top notch. Best Bluecoats show since 2007 Criminal and I think better than 2010.

Way to go BLOOOO!!!!!!!

• Like 6

So cadets win by a healthy margin

Coats take percussion, they have an amazing line

Crown takes brass..

Cadets win both ge judges, visual and guard and music ensemble

So cadets win by a healthy margin

Coats take percussion, they have an amazing line

Crown takes brass..

Cadets win both ge judges, visual and guard and music ensemble

scores? or just a prediction?

Not at the theatre.... What were the scores

• Like 1

Cadets-76.05 Crown-74.95 Bluecoats-72.8 Phantom-72.05 Cavaliers-70.8 Scouts-67.35 Boston-66.4