2014 uniforms

The headgear: I presume it's meant to evoke "black swan" like the rest of the uniform, but to me it reads as Egyptian Pharaoh or Aztec Emperor.

that's what i was searching for. thank you!

if PRs show is as edgy as the uniform, hmmm....

Edited by corpsband

Well, I'm still very much liking PR's uniforms. Thanks for the latest pics. I think they are bold and dramatic.....perfect for the story of Swan Lake.

Looks like they've been drawn with "bold strokes" (the helmet with dramatic plumes, etc.), but honestly, I think those details will read better from the stadium seats. I've seen countless shows when I'm not even aware of the incredible small details of the uniforms.....especially the guard costumes. Then, I see a show on the fan network, with the multi-cam view and think, wow.....great costumes! Sometimes the nuances are missed from the stadium seats.

Just my observations. I don't think "poor kids". Crazier stuff has been worn on the field, (with great effect). Looking forward to seeing them all tomorrow night!

• Like 3

Bless their hearts, all that "rip-away" costuming must be hot...

It depends on what you mean by hot. They do remind me of some hard core s&m/bondage gear...gets me in the mood quite frankly!

Those poor kids.

I have a sneaking suspicion they don't feel that way. I bet they are having the time of their lives.

At the end of the season last year, no one was talking about Phantom very much and the few comments made were about the prop. It was almost as if they had become invisible.

IMO - If the corps had come out with the most wonderful uniform this year the reaction would have been "Wow - don't they look nice - SQUIRREL!" (to give an idea how a new wonderful uniform wouldn't keep people's attention for long...). Phantom has already pulled two completely unexpected surprises - uniform #1 which was kind of "what?" and uniform #2 which was "WHAT??????"

What surprises me and actually gives me a lot of hope for their future is that someone in Phantom took quite a risk with this direction. It's not been a Phantom trait up until now.

• Like 5

Lets all be honest with this ........no matter what the generation is they are and will always be what they are........Corps/Band Uniforms. Nobody outside the activity gives two nuts about them.

• Like 1

I have a sneaking suspicion they don't feel that way. I bet they are having the time of their lives.

At the end of the season last year, no one was talking about Phantom very much and the few comments made were about the prop. It was almost as if they had become invisible.

IMO - If the corps had come out with the most wonderful uniform this year the reaction would have been "Wow - don't they look nice - SQUIRREL!" (to give an idea how a new wonderful uniform wouldn't keep people's attention for long...). Phantom has already pulled two completely unexpected surprises - uniform #1 which was kind of "what?" and uniform #2 which was "WHAT??????"

What surprises me and actually gives me a lot of hope for their future is that someone in Phantom took quite a risk with this direction. It's not been a Phantom trait up until now.

agree -- but they need to deliver the musical book -- not just the aesthetic window dressing.

i'll be happy to see "we're so pretty" go away and never come back.

• Like 2

Lets all be honest with this ........no matter what the generation is they are and will always be what they are........Corps/Band Uniforms. Nobody outside the activity gives two nuts about them.

very true....and the only place a big burley jock can run around in ruffles and lots of feathers on their head..and still think they are bad xxx.....lol..as another younger poster said about the bitd uniforms...corny? AND another said I think jeffeory, corny now corny then...

• Like 3

very true....and the only place a big burley jock can run around in ruffles and lots of feathers on their head..and still think they are bad xxx.....lol..as another younger poster said about the bitd uniforms...corny? AND another said I think jeffeory, corny now corny then...

Yup, and I just feel that this should be the least of things we complain about. We can complain about show design, but I'm open to exploration of uniforms.

• Like 2

I guess this is why you can't crowd source the design process. First we get "Swan Lake! Same old Regiment. These shows are too similar and boring".

Phantom reveals transition to black uniform and we get

"Zoinks! These uniforms are CRAZY! Why would you put kids in those things".

I don't have a strong opinion about the show or the uniform, but Phantom has to feel like they are in a lose/lose situation. I'm content to wait until tomorrow night and see how everything works together in context.

Z