Sunday's Crown performance

For me to not be let down a little after 2013, they'd have to do something very different. This show feels very much the same as last year in formula, so it's going to be difficult for me (as last year was perfection from a design perspective, in my opinion).

it's the same show as the past 2 years... with elements from many others tossed in

opener and closer were strong but the middle will need a lot of work - obviously it's just June so that's to be expected but honestly the program fell very flat (even to the home crowd) for the middle 8 minutes

percussion still seems to be a sore spot

field seems very cluttered visually

guard strong and brass wicked strong

Top 3 for sure

• Like 1

Every corps does this. I'm not sure why we'd expect anything different from Crown.

Disagreed. I'm trying to think of the last champ who came out the next year with a very similar show, and I'm at a loss.

that poor field.. it was becoming a dust storm out there. It should look much better with an all green field to perform on.

• Like 2

Disagreed. I'm trying to think of the last champ who came out the next year with a very similar show, and I'm at a loss.

Cadets 06 literally did a sequel to their previous show.

• Like 2

Cadets did in 2006 - and it was an unmitigated disaster lol

• Like 2

The judges aren't going to penalize a corps for using a similar concept... PR did Juliet in 2011 and Turandot in 2012. PR got 5th or 6th in 2011 and 3rd in 2012. Reusing a formula is not always a bad thing.

• Like 1