Sunday's Crown performance

I might be one of the only persons on here that will say it... I actually wasn't a huge fan of the show. If I were ya'll I really wouldn't look into my opinion about it because I am not "huge" on Crown in general (except for the obvious horn line... They are great!!). I just didn't feel entertained... I don't feel like I hate it though. It's hard to put into words... They will finish top 3, but I don't think they will win this season. If they prove me wrong I will own up and eat my own words.

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

To be fair, while I'm not a Crown honk, I am a pretty huge fan though, I made that comment on the number of things on the field and I didn't bring BD into it.

It's my fault. I brought BD into it. I'm sorry, but how could I NOT bring in the ONE corps that has over the last decade used MORE props than any other corps in DCI?

...and there are too many props on the field these days....

Now, I can agree that Crown has a lot going on regarding props. I hope they do away with some. BD still HAS more props this year. Nobody thinks they're too much or has complained. Just check out the video of their show!

Cadets have props.

Cavies use the pit as props.

Bluecoats have props

There's gonna be some props "up in here" this year. Why single out Crown?

Come on guys, bring it in! :grouphug: No need to fight, we all love drum corps!

• Like 3

I might be one of the only persons on here that will say it... I actually wasn't a huge fan of the show. If I were ya'll I really wouldn't really look into my opinion about it because I am not "huge" on Crown in general (except for the obvious horn line... They are great!!). I just didn't feel entertained... I don't feel like I hate it though. It's hard to put into words... They will finish top 3, but I don't think they will win this season. If they prove me wrong I will own up and eat my own words.

Uh oh - do you know what you've done?!?

:)

• Like 1

It's my fault. I brought BD into it. I'm sorry, but how could I NOT bring in the ONE corps that has over the last decade used MORE props than any other corps in DCI?

Now, I can agree that Crown has a lot going on regarding props. I hope they do away with some. BD still HAS more props this year. Nobody thinks they're too much or has complained. Just check out the video of their show!

Cadets have props.

Bluecoats have props

I was just responding to another post. lol No worries.

Come on guys, bring it in! :grouphug: No need to fight, we all love drum corps!

And I agree, geez, never thought I'd see some of these certain people get so nasty.

Cadets have props.

Bluecoats have props

I mean Blue Stars have trolleys and tarps on the field but the tarps are supposed to segment like a house from what ive been told and saw in the quadcopter.

Well here are my thoughts (I am a Huge Crown fan)

- brass is outstanding, they could easily repeat a perfect score this year

- percussion is Significantly better than last year, they shouldn't hold back the rest of the group

- their are a lot of props in the show but I feel they will grow on everyone

- I believe they will repeat as champions

• Like 2

Something that I would have done with the guard is remove those head pieces they have and get something similar to what the Cavies guard had back in 2006 for Machine.

I thought the hornline sounded great (I can't really speak to the percussion) but the music, as a whole, didn't really draw me in. Yes, the notes were impressive but that style just doesn't do much for me. Similar to what I said about BD, most of the extracurricular visual stuff just feels like overkill to me. (Distracting.) It's a good, extremely well played show but I don't see this as being one of my favorites.