Instauration in Indy: 6/18

Cadets will win this one, but Crown wins at the end.

Cadets win because of the lack of a brass judge (and no, I never heard that the other judges cover for each other in some way: is that official policy?) and also because Crown's show seemed disjointed in the preview Sunday. It's ambitious and will take time to refine and make meaningful from a GE perspective I would think. This may be true of Cadets' show too though; I haven't seen it.

Why nno brass judge?

FYI:

@CorpsScores: You can receive my tweets as text messages by sending the text "ON CorpsScores" to 40404. To turn off texts, send "OFF CorpsScores" to 40404.

Why nno brass judge?

DCI adopted a 5 judge panel for shows prior to 7/5 a few years ago. It used to be 2 effect, 2 analysis & 1 rotating judge (vis perf, brass perf, guard & perc perf). I believe this season the only 2 constants are the GE judges. Pretty sure the West Coast is different as they pay extra to provide full panels (with the exception of the shows in the Pacific Northwest.

It's annoying that they just say "The broadcast will start soon." An hour soon or 5 minutes soon?

Per DCI Twitter : "Due to the rain, the step off time for DCI Opening Night '14 has been pushed back to 8:25PM ET."

And I've used my HDMI cable to run to the TV so I'm missing Spurs Championship Celebration for.... The delay:/