Instauration in Indy: 6/18

I dont care how many runs you can play. How much double tonguing or triple tonguing. If thats all you do the music will sound the same. I want things i can sing not just runs. I feel like brass has turned into we can play loud and play alot of notes but the notes arent really melodic its just dadadaadadadadadadadada and done.

So basically the Blue Devils from the past few years but a lot more technical.

• Like 1

Anyone else think that Crown will tack on Also Sprach Zarathustra by finals week? Heck, it would fit the show.

I hope not. I don't think it works at all on the field.

Three days later last year Troop scored s 59. They're clearly better at this point of the season than last, let's see what they get.

Troopers seemed well prepared this year.

• Like 1

I dont care how many runs you can play. How much double tonguing or triple tonguing. If thats all you do the music will sound the same. I want things i can sing not just runs. I feel like brass has turned into we can play loud and play alot of notes but the notes arent really melodic its just dadadaadadadadadadadada and done.

Did you hear the ballad?

Yes, and that was the highlight of the show, because they trusted the music, instead of the musicality

What?

No, it's Crown can play allot of notes and play them wonderfully, with outstanding pitch and tone quality, and can vary meter and plays dynamically. Yeah, that pretty much covers it

Edited by Tone Quality Matters
  • Like 1

how many tabulators does it take to add scores

I disagree. I think it was quite musical. I would have agreed with this criticism of Crown two years ago, but I think they have been much more musical this year and last.
  • Like 1

And Justin Anderson still has not appeared on screen.

Actually, he's moving fast for a Troopers DM.