Instauration in Indy: 6/18

You of so little faith, 2000Cadet ( haha!)

But congratulations to the Cadets tonite with the win over last year's DCI Champion Carolina Crown... and a convincing spread win to boot.

Yeah I've been pretty hard on Cadets since the preview show in Johnstown....but hoping they gradually stuff my face with crow.

I hope we can avoid a lot of slotting this year. It gets a little old when the placements are nearly the same every show. Hopefully there is some movement up and down to make things exciting.

• Like 2

Nope, such timing issues are the corps' fault. It's a different announcer at every show, who isn't being paid to be part of the performance, and if the corps chooses to make the announcers' various speech patterns an element in their show, then they ought to be dinged when it doesn't work out. The solution is for the corps to learn how to vamp, as Boston Crusaders did with their 1812-Les Mis show a few years ago.

Absolutely correct. Having been there and done that. LOL

But, considering last year, would you ever have believed that Crown would only be 0.1 behind Cadets in ....... PERCUSSION?

I guess Crown percussion is stepping up this season but only time will tell.

The gap on the field was about 1 point - it just got swelled by the 5 judge panel. Cadets drums are insane for this early

They aren't as strong as last year and Crown is .1 behind. This is a fact that should have some corps worried.

But, considering last year, would you ever have believed that Crown would only be 0.1 behind Cadets in ....... PERCUSSION?

Not at all, and I also would have never believed Cadets would win their first show.

• Like 1

I said they'd win by .9, was off by .4. Congrats to all the corps! Fantastic first show.

Yes, right now Cadets are cleaner. But it's not just clean. I feel they have the better drill, and with adjustments might mean high GE and high visual EX come finals. With that drumline, and a pretty fabulous brass line, I would not count those guys out. I would not count out Crown either. What a brass line!!!

Yes, scores for Cadets and Crown were TOO LOW. If Phantom was a 68, then Crown was a 76, and Cadets a 77.5. Limited judging panel may have had something to do with that. I like Phantom, and they played well (brass was MUCH stronger than Cavies), but they need to find impact point and a more defined flow. Source material for the closer was horrible. Swan Lake in bi-tonal major and minor...odd sound and no build. I would completely re-write that ending.

Love Troopers show! Define your theme and I think the impacts are there. Cavaliers have some wonderful drill and a fabulous percussion line with maybe the best pit. Good guard too. They need to balance the brass and clean. Not liking the opening 2 musical selections.

Thanks FN for a solid effort in bad weather out there in Indiana.