Why the freaking out? Slotting!

I've been reading with interest the various show reflections. Along with that, the freaking out by some about lower than desired scores. Scouts, Spirit to name a few. And the replies that it's the first show, calm down. The thought that creeps into my mind is that evil curse: slotting. Yeah your corps is gonna get better......but so is every other corps. Gone are the "on any given night" times of old. Unfortunate, but I can understand the freaking out reactions.

This news flash just came in !! : " Man Walks on Moon !! "

Slotting is a word people use when the corps the marched for/like/have a kid in doesn't score well. I think overall DCI judges do a good job of ranking corps.

This first week or two of the season and always interesting, because it's when all the off-season hype meets the reality of not actually being that good.

• Like 3

I don't get why this is a topic and not just a comment/reply.

• Like 1

The thought that creeps into my mind is that evil curse: slotting. Yeah your corps is gonna get better......but so is every other corps. Gone are the "on any given night" times of old. Unfortunate, but I can understand the freaking out reactions.

The slotting thread has really started early this year. It usually rears it's ugly head in early July.

• Like 1

I've been reading with interest the various show reflections. Along with that, the freaking out by some about lower than desired scores. Scouts, Spirit to name a few. And the replies that it's the first show, calm down. The thought that creeps into my mind is that evil curse: slotting. Yeah your corps is gonna get better......but so is every other corps. Gone are the "on any given night" times of old. Unfortunate, but I can understand the freaking out reactions.

thank God those days are gone. It was a hot mess with little to no accountability . it was interesting for the sudience I suppose but made no sense to a corps. Horrible.

• Like 3

On the west coast, Blue Devlis three points ahead of SCV, and SCV five points ahead of Blue Knights.

On the other coast, Phantom scoring in the same range as SCV with CC and Cadets ahead by two or three points.

Everyone else falling in line behind these guys in very predictable fashion.

These headlines could have been written any of the past few years.

The only shake-up over the last three years has been Cavs falling a bit behind their typical placement.

It is a bit of a yawner for many fans...and not primarily because "the corps they marched for/like/have a kid in doesn't score well." It's natural to want variety,

• Like 1

right no, the only show you can look at realistically for numbers is the west Coast show as it has a full panel. any shows with just 5 judges is going to be missing captions, and that can skew things wildly.

The slotting thread has really started early this year. It usually rears it's ugly head in early July.

DCP just keeps getting better every year.

• Like 1