Summer Music Preview - Bristol RI

BAC needs to FINISH their show. I realize there have been some bumps in the progress...but you gotta figure out a way to finish your show.

Tell that to Blue Knights too. It's not hurting their score though.

Spartans dropped 1.9 since Sunday, while 7th Regiment climbed 0.5. That puts them in the Open Class lead at the moment. It would be quite something if they kept that up through the season.

I've always wondered, why do the early California shows always get full panels:

California:

Clovis - June 20th

Stanford - June 21st

Sacramento - June 22nd

Oceanside - June 27th

Glendora - June 28th

Riverside - June 29th

Everywhere else:

Akron Ohio - June 21st

Madison Wisconsin - June 28th

So the California corps are getting consistent feedback in every caption on a pretty regular basis, yet everyone else is lucky to get some captions judged a couple times by July 5th? Hmm. I don't like that.

Yes, BD getting complete critiquing/feedback from judges from day 1. Then we get to first regional, BD has tweaked and made revisions and the judges look at Cadets and say "we hate everything and we hate you!" Edited by theCHEZman

It really bothers me that there was no Brass or Music Analysis judge, making the only music caption Percussion. If you're only going to have one music caption, it should be Analysis.

All the captions matter because they would balance out "odd recaps". (Visual Proficiency, Visual Analysis would have softened a weird guard score for Cadets), (Brass judge, MA judge would have softened the percussion effect for Crown).

A tumultuous time of the drum corps season. East and West starting to converge, more full panels on the horizon, corps making big changes or additions.

Just a few days ago, though at different shows, the 2 undefeateds (Cadets and Blue Devils) had basically the same score...BD has leapt forward since then, with scores perhaps unnatural for this time of season. Several other corps are doing so well right now, it's hard to imagine this turning in to 2010 again, when Blue Devils are basically 1 to 2 points ahead of everyone all season. But who knows, there's really only two corps in recent DCI history that know how to blow it out of the water with scores -- this era's BD, and the early 2000's Cavies.

Speaking of Cavies, they've have shown what a lot of us thought after Akron -- this isn't the ~8th place corps of the past two seasons. Good for them! I think drum corps needs a Cavalier corps that does well competitively.

Count me as a fan of the Bluecoats' sound and some of the things they try, since about 2007 when they switched up their uniform. 2010 was the high water mark for me, good to see them back in that way this year!

It's been since 2006 that Cadets have gone this long undefeated. We know what happened then! But they're a strong corps, very strong. I was worried last night seeing their GE rep numbers lower than GE performance, but that wasn't the case at the previous shows, so I'll wait...one night does not a trend make. They're holding back the uniform and I assume silk changes -- I guess until later in the weekend, in the runup to seeing BD for the first time next week. They spent part of their previous few non-show days making sure the changes would be possible. Still waiting on the finale, too.

A tumultuous time of the drum corps season. East and West starting to converge, more full panels on the horizon, corps making big changes or additions.

Just a few days ago, though at different shows, the 2 undefeateds (Cadets and Blue Devils) had basically the same score...BD has leapt forward since then, with scores perhaps unnatural for this time of season. Several other corps are doing so well right now, it's hard to imagine this turning in to 2010 again, when Blue Devils are basically 1 to 2 points ahead of everyone all season. But who knows, there's really only two corps in recent DCI history that know how to blow it out of the water with scores -- this era's BD, and the early 2000's Cavies.

Speaking of Cavies, they've have shown what a lot of us thought after Akron -- this isn't the ~8th place corps of the past two seasons. Good for them! I think drum corps needs a Cavalier corps that does well competitively.

Count me as a fan of the Bluecoats' sound and some of the things they try, since about 2007 when they switched up their uniform. 2010 was the high water mark for me, good to see them back in that way this year!

It's been since 2006 that Cadets have gone this long undefeated. We know what happened then! But they're a strong corps, very strong. I was worried last night seeing their GE rep numbers lower than GE performance, but that wasn't the case at the previous shows, so I'll wait...one night does not a trend make. They're holding back the uniform and I assume silk changes -- I guess until later in the weekend, in the runup to seeing BD for the first time next week. They spent part of their previous few non-show days making sure the changes would be possible. Still waiting on the finale, too.

What finale?

Unless I totally misread what GH says, the current ending isn't all there is. Others here have known or assumed as much, too.

• Like 1

Unless I totally misread what GH says, the current ending isn't all there is. Others here have known or assumed as much, too.

Yes, the final 12? Charts are not yet in for the end of the show.

A few days ago, GH said something like "And we have a great idea for the grand finale".