Beanpot Invitational--Lynn MA

So, IF you don't mind comparing scores from separate shows on the same night, then you shouldn't mind comparing captions either:

Bluecoats took guard for the night (beating BD by a tenth).

BD and Cadets tie in total GE.

BD first and 'Coats second in visual (.6 difference).

BD first and Crown second in Music (.4 difference).

BD first and Crown second in percussion (.4 difference).

I don't mind. :dancin:

Really? You're calling out Jeff Prosperie as a Crown homer?

maybe it's time for a re-charge?

Borg_Klingon_Closeup.jpg

Not at all. JP is a great judge. I'm saying he really digs Crown's line this year. He's had them first by a nice little bump both times he saw them. Percussion wins this year just seem to fluctuate show to show more than last year.. Edited by theCHEZman

Apparently, composer John Mackey was there and was quite impressed with the Bluecoats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ostimusic/status/485597823849607168

Oh but you left out in your comments something quite instructive from Composer John Mackey:

Quote : " This was the first time I actually heard electronics actually enhance a Drum Corps show ".

.. What a negative " hater " this guy must be, huh ?. What the heck does he know anyway about this " electronics and Drum Corps " stuff anyway ? Jeez, the way he talks, you'd think he knows more about what works well and not in music than most of us here. And THAT can't be true..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Oh but you left out in your comments something quite instructive from John Mackey:

Quote : " This was the first time I actually heard electronics actually enhance a Drum Corps show ".

Well, well...

From all the John Mackey posts I've ever seen, this is probably the highest compliment I've ever seen him give any marching group (drum corps or otherwise). Edited by Elmo Blatch
  • Like 1

Not at all. JP is a great judge. I'm saying he really digs Crown's line this year. He's had them first by a nice little bump both times he saw them. Percussion wins this year just seem to fluctuate show to show more than last year..

It's ok. Borg are people too. We accept you as you are :-)

Full panels mean a big jump for the leading Open Class corps here and in Michigan City. We'll see how tonight's Sacramento show fits into the mix, but for the moment, 7th Regiment has a strong lead.

anyone there that can comment on the conditions? was it extremely windy?

It was a great night in the stands but the winds did cause some troubles at some points. Spirit's props had wind issues and some flag tosses were impacted.